The Karate Kid petition

Started by Find Your Magali, August 18, 2003, 02:32:52 PM

Find Your Magali

OK, this isn't terribly crucial cinephile news, but a very important petition for those of us who grew up in the 80s.

This is a link for an online petition asking, in part, for a release of a new DVD for "The Karate Kid." Right now, we are stuck with a crappy full-screen version with no special features.

Clearly, we need a commentary track with Pat Morita, Ralph Macchio, Elizabeth Shue and William Zabka.

Clearly, we need Bananarama's "Cruel Summer" video

Clearly, we need a retrospective documentary on the power of this film.

Clearly, we need deleted scenes and outtakes.

Let's help make it happen.

http://www.petitiononline.com/kk2004/petition.html

Jeremy Blackman

I need to lock this thread.

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

***beady***

I'm suprised they havn't brought out the Karate kid series on dvd yet. It's just plain dumb of them.

lamas

how about a special featurette "The Films of William Zabka"?  that dude was in some classics!

Redlum

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=94393

You could try getting the Region2. Original aspect, but the features arent upto much.

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

NEON MERCURY

......did  ralph machio(?).have the skeleton suit costume thing going before donie darko.......did any one ever take up bonsia tree art after part II...and did someone wax there car using  miagi's efective "on/off"  method....wasan't part II better than one......have you ever used the "crane kick" in a fight ?............

yaeh.....this needs a release..on dvd....

Kal

picolas

you must have the longest name in the world.

Kal

Quote from: picolasyou must have the longest name in the world.

:?:

Duck Sauce

TheVoiceOfNick

I read somewhere that the studio will release this as a box set with all of the movies.  Sometime in mid 2004... hrm...

Find Your Magali

Well, I'm just glad this thread got bumped back to its rightful place at the top.

But I can't believe I forgot to vote for this film in the Dekapenticon!  :shock:

nix

I couldn't bring myself to buy a boxed set. 3 sucks and 4 suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuks. I do agree that decent editions of 1 and 2 are a must.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Duck SauceThe Wizard dvd set first

Would this include Return to Oz??  If so, sign me up for THAT petition!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye