Good Will Hunting deleted scenes

Started by Jack Sparrow, June 07, 2003, 04:21:47 AM

Jack Sparrow

I thought I just wanted to share these two caps from Good Will Hunting that was deleted from the movie. They're a part of various trailers that is available on The Big Lebowski (nordic region 2) dvd. Has anyone any knowledge why these scenes were cut?

MacGuffin

Quote from: mogwaiHas anyone any knowledge why these scenes were cut?

I do.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

This DVD has 11 deleted scenes with commentary. The first one you capped, mog, was cut because it was a scene meant to introduce Williams's character before he meets with Will. But it was deemed unnecessary. It, along with the second cap, also shows his character as a drinker.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

Quote from: mogwaiI thought I just wanted to share these two caps from Good Will Hunting that was deleted from the movie. They're a part of various trailers that is available on The Big Lebowski (nordic region 2) dvd. Has anyone any knowledge why these scenes were cut?

this looks curiously similar to a scene out of rushmore/royal tennebaums, a little too similar -- anyone?
...your excuses are your own...

MrBurgerKing

Quote from: cowboykurtis
Quote from: mogwaiI thought I just wanted to share these two caps from Good Will Hunting that was deleted from the movie. They're a part of various trailers that is available on The Big Lebowski (nordic region 2) dvd. Has anyone any knowledge why these scenes were cut?

this looks curiously similar to a scene out of rushmore/royal tennebaums, a little too similar -- anyone?

It looks like a sad lonely man with nothing but alcohol to keep him company. Kind of like me during weekends, sitting in the local pubs chowing down a whopper.

McMuffin

Somebody could tell me more about these trailer scenes? The captures are not upped anymore :(. Theres non such trailer on my Miramax Collector Series...what kind of trailer is it?

greetings
McMuffin

cine

Quote from: McMuffinSomebody could tell me more about these trailer scenes? The captures are not upped anymore :(.

greetings
McMuffin
no sorry. hey, do you wanna talk about anything else? only wondering cause nobody around here wants to talk about this movie anymore.

life_boy

Quote from: cinephile
Quote from: McMuffinSomebody could tell me more about these trailer scenes? The captures are not upped anymore .

greetings
McMuffin
no sorry. hey, do you wanna talk about anything else? only wondering cause nobody around here wants to talk about this movie anymore.

Wow.  How do you like them apples?

cine

McMuffin

Quote from: life_boyWow.  How do you like them apples?

Did you know`? They changed this sayin´ in europe to:  "Do you like plums?" cause they don´t have that kind of humor over there -wired-.
Equals somehow the same but why did they messed it up`? To learn something about another country....well, why not leave this meaning as it is?

Myxo

Quote from: McMuffinDid you know`? They changed this sayin´ in europe to:  "Do you like plums?" cause they don´t have that kind of humor over there -wired-. Equals somehow the same but why did they messed it up`? To learn something about another country....well, why not leave this meaning as it is?

Hey, that reminds me.

I need to watch 'Lost in Translation' soon.

life_boy

Quote from: Myxomatosis
Quote from: McMuffinDid you know`? They changed this sayin´ in europe to:  "Do you like plums?" cause they don´t have that kind of humor over there -wired-. Equals somehow the same but why did they messed it up`? To learn something about another country....well, why not leave this meaning as it is?

Hey, that reminds me.

I need to watch 'Lost in Translation' soon.

Hey, that reminds me...

Why are there two threads on Good Will Hunting?

©brad

yeah, um i mean, good will hunting is so 1997.