The Wager

Started by wilder, July 29, 2022, 04:40:26 PM

wilder

Martin Scorsese to Direct Leonardo DiCaprio in Shipwreck Thriller 'The Wager' at Apple
Variety

Hot on the heels of production for their upcoming "Killers of the Flower Moon," Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio have boarded a new project at Apple Original Films, Variety has confirmed.

Scorsese is attached to direct an adaptation of New Yorker journalist David Grann's upcoming nonfiction book "The Wager: A Tale of Shipwreck, Mutiny, and Murder" for Apple. Grann also wrote the book "Killers of the Flower Moon," which investigates a series of murders of Osage people that took place in the 1920s, as well as "The Lost City of Z," "The Death of Sherlock Holmes" and "The White Darkness."

"The Wager," which will be published next April, tells the story of the 1700's British naval ship of the same name. During a secret mission to obtain a Spanish treasure-filled galleon, the crew ended up shipwrecked on a desolate island off the coast of Patagonia. Stranded and forced to survive against the elements, the crew descends into anarchy, and when they return to civilization end up on opposite sides of an intense court martial, with accusations of murder and treachery against several parties.

RudyBlatnoyd

Killer premise. I'd rather see this than that Grateful Dead biopic he was attached to, honestly, but something tells me that it's likely neither will actually ever see the light of day.

HACKANUT

For real. I adore Scorsese but he has signed on to a relatively huge number of movies over the years that've never been made. Is that Sinatra movie still happening? — for example.
Gotta admire the confidence he's got, living long enough to make these last few projects tho.