Pearl (Ti West)

Started by wilder, July 26, 2022, 05:16:05 PM

wilder

Filmmaker Ti West returns with another chapter from the twisted world of X in this astonishing follow-up to the year's most acclaimed horror film. Trapped on her family's isolated farm, Pearl must tend to her ailing father under the bitter and overbearing watch of her devout mother. Lusting for a glamorous life like she's seen in the movies. Pearl's ambitions, temptations, and repressions all collide, in the stunning, technicolor-inspired origin story of X's iconic villain.

Directed by Ti West
Release Date - September 16, 2022

Robyn

Well, that was quick.

They shot this back to back?

Alethia

polkablues

X was a damp squib and I'm not going to pretend it wasn't, but I'll stay cautiously optimistic about this one, because I still believe in the potential of Ti West.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Axolotl

I did not care for X. Ti should stick to music.

Alethia

I totally loved this film. X was fun but this delivers on a multitude of levels! Mia Goth is extraordinary.

polkablues

At the very least, I'm looking forward to this being ambitious and unique, the two spices that the well-cooked but under-seasoned X was lacking.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Alethia

Saw this a second time. Need to mention to my therapist my deep connection to the Pearl character and investigate what that may be all about  :shock:  :saywhat:

Drenk

Quote from: eward on September 29, 2022, 01:07:07 PMSaw this a second time. Need to mention to my therapist my deep connection to the Pearl character and investigate what that may be all about  :shock:  :saywhat:

That's the way to go to scare your therapist away, I suppose.  :yabbse-grin:
Ascension.