Cuddly Toys

Started by WorldForgot, October 21, 2021, 05:34:15 PM

WorldForgot

QuoteKansas Bowling's Cuddly Toys is not a feminist piece, but rather a think piece-a new mondo film to inform, invite debate, and to appropriately represent the flies that continuously buzz around the female gender. 102 minutes of rape, gore, and extreme stories of teenage girl woes.

Making of companion book.

QuoteParents beware. Lock up your daughters. Kansas Bowling tells you all you ever wanted to know about the making of her second feature length film, Cuddly Toys. Cuddly Toys is not a feminist piece, but rather a think piece-a new mondo film to inform, invite debate, and to appropriately represent the flies that continuously buzz around the female gender. And after 102 minutes of rape, gore, and extreme stories of teenage girl woes, the most shocking statement you'll hear is...

...well, you'll have to watch the film to find that out.

Premiering this weekend at Cinema Village in Manhattan.

wilder

WorldForgot

Went to the third of three screeningz in Chicago - at FACETS. Kansas communicates her personality and sense of humor with zero restraint in her second 'Debut' feature. It was so dope to see her and catch up, and to meet Don De Vore.

BEAUTIFUL Super 16mm cinematography! A doozy of a cast. Sound design and editing akin to some dadaist beatnik hell hole. V stimulating. Structurally the film is repetitive to an exhausting degree. This can work in the MONDO EXPLOITATION sphere of film grammar, but it's going to get in the way of momentum for those less grindhouse enthused.

Some takeaways from the Q&A:
** Somebody asked if it's be 'fair to describe this to my partner as more anti-man than Barbie' -- Kansas replied "It's not anti-man. I think it's just honest."
** Cuddly Toys will be released on blu ray by someone 'cool,' she can't say which distributor. Obviously my money's on Vinegar Syndrome because of their recent young indie nab thru Kit Zahur's 'Actual People'
** Her '2nd' feature is coming up, it's mostly finishing filming. Theme will be true crime/murder inspired.