Movie of the week

Started by Robyn, March 30, 2018, 09:52:06 AM

Robyn

KJ [30|Mar 09:11 AM]: oh, I remembered now: I need to see russian ark. it looks amazing, and was made in one take
Sleepless [30|Mar 09:24 AM]: That was on my list for ages but never got around to it. Maybe I'll have to track it down finally
KJ [30|Mar 09:29 AM]: we should watch movies together here on Xixax. we pick a film and watch it at the same time, and then discuss it.
KJ [30|Mar 09:29 AM]: I know a lot of internet communities that does that
Drenk [30|Mar 09:39 AM]:   With the different timelines, it might be difficult. But a topic like "Movie of the week" where we would watch and discuss every week a specific movie might work.
KJ [30|Mar 09:47 AM]: yeah, that might be better. it could indeed be hard to time it so we see it "together"

we have talked about this before, I think, so who's up for this? we could vote for a film each week, or take turns or something like that.

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Reel

I like this idea! One of my favorite things to do here is to 'shout' about a movie or show as I'm watching it. We did it with the oscars this year and a lot of fun stuff came out of it. We've talked about this idea plenty before, initially making a podcast out of it but I think that's too complicated. The main issue is just being able to agree on something to watch, because with my Dvd collection and streaming services I'm very choosey about what I want to spend my time on. I think it'd be best to not do it with a really good movie we want to take seriously, or a total crap movie that's just going to annoy us.. somewhere in the middle, a movie that takes itself too seriously we can make jokes about. I think there was a general consensus in the shoutbox that 'Crash' would be good for this. I'm so down to talk shit about 'Crash'

Robyn

there's this site if we decide to watch together:
https://www.rabb.it/

I think that will make it more fun too, if we can make it work.

Jeremy Blackman

I like this idea. I'm on board if we can agree on a good movie. It would have to be something that's fun enough to watch with interruptions.

Reel

KJ, Just Withnail and I have agreed that 'Crash' (2004) would be a good place to start. Next we just need to corroborate how to schedule around our time zone differences. If anyone is interested in this fun new venture just post "I'm in" or whatever here and I'll PM with further info

WorldForgot

Alethia

Axolotl

jenkins

it just became a holiday special

Reel

We have decided on a date! Next Sunday, April 15th at 6:00 p.m. ( Eastern U.S. time ) we are going to watch 'Crash' (2004) with live shoutbox commentary. Check your time zones and see if you can join us!

Jeremy Blackman

We're watching Crash (2004) tonight! Starting at 6:00 Eastern. Please see the shoutbox for exactly when to begin.

It's on Amazon Prime (thank God). Otherwise you may have to rent it.

https://decider.com/movie/crash-2005/

We should all have the movie paused where this logo first appears, then Reelist will tell us when to unpause:

ono

I still can't believe this is a thing.  Sorry I missed it.  What's next?  Boondocks Saints?