Started by Born Under Punches, May 08, 2003, 09:44:24 AM

Pozer

they even had her name first and she's in it for like 15 mins
fucking people baffle me

slice

Quote from: poserismsfucking people baffle me

if i wasn't so drunk on _______, this would be my motto

modage

hhhhhhhahahahaha, JLO got top billing, now she's not even mentioned!  how's that for a change?!?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffin

"every picture tells a story"

my pops toold me this ...and i thought he was not serious but he is ...to explain...

if ya look really hard at the expression on affleck's face ..he is crinnnging to the pressence of j-lo.....and just recently they called it quits... :cry: ....but look at liv's face..she seems relieved and has a sly smile...on her face..... :idea:

nad laslty notice how "girl" is in bold lettering......

Banky

In an article with Smith in Creative Writing magazine he mentions magnolia and ill transcribe

(in regard to Jersey Girl)

Interviewer:There are musical numbers in this movie, which may also be a suprise to some of your fans.

KS:It's not Magnolia-style, where people just start breaking into song; it's part of the movie.  

link here for full read

http://www.newsaskew.com/images/cs_ks3.jpg

SoNowThen

"it's not Magnolia-style, where the story is interesting and the camera work is good; it's just part of my movie"
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cine

Quote from: SoNowThen"it's not Magnolia-style, where the story is interesting and the camera work is good; it's just part of my movie"
"It's not Magnolia-style, where people just start breaking into song and it's really fucking poignant. I just love Sweeney Todd soooooo much."

modage

notice he mentions Curly Sue, his main influence!  although he'll try to deny it!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: SoNowThen"it's not Magnolia-style, where the story is interesting and the camera work is good; it's just part of my movie"
"It's not Magnolia-style, where people just start breaking into song and it's really fucking poignant. I just love Sweeney Todd soooooo much."

"It's not Magnolia-style. The frogs in my movie do all the singing and dancing."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gloria

Quote from: MacGuffin"It's not Magnolia-style. The frogs in my movie do all the singing and dancing."

It's been done:

:wink:

Banky

hahaha i thought you guys would enjoy that quote

MacGuffin

Quote from: GloriaIt's been done:

But Smith was talking about Liv Tyler in this one.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Cinephile

"It's not Magnolia-style. The frogs in my movie do all the singing and dancing."
"It's not Magnolia-style, i imagine that if i keep mentioning that movie PTA will let me be his friend. come on ratner, let's go play stickball.."
under the paving stones.