suck beyond words now, but the days were golden

Started by socketlevel, May 25, 2005, 11:31:02 PM

socketlevel

kinda brought this up in a different thread (and not sure if it's come up before so redirect please) but films that you remember loving as a child and they suck beyond words now.

remo williams is the only one that comes to mind right now for me

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Basically any movie with Pauly Shore in it.

Black Sheep.  (Oddly enough, I still like Tommy Boy)
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

picolas

The Mask, Casper, probably Return of Jafar. i'd say i was pretty good at not liking bad movies, though.

Gamblour.

The Neverending Story. end of thread.

seriously, that movie was so cool, but sucks now. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles depreciates a lot.
WWPTAD?

metroshane

Time Bandits.  Get's on my nerves now.

The Dark Crystal.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: metroshaneThe Dark Crystal.

I actually have a deeper appreciation for Dark Crystal.  It is one of the deeper movies geared for children that I know of.  When I watched it again recently, so many things about it became apparent, most notably the whole balance between good and bad in the film.  If a good guy died, a bad guy died, and vice versa, and the bad guys were too greedy and ignorant to know that if they killed the good guys, they'd end up killing themselves, so the good guys remained pacifists to try to live as long as they could, though the evil culture was killing them off because it was so violent within its own.  Standing by only preserved the evil, and acting violently hurt both sides... God, now I want to go watch this thing again...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

Alice in Wonderland, with a cast that includes Sherman Hemsley, Scott Baio, Pat Morita, and John Stamos.  On second thought, this film fucking rocks.

GoneSavage

Flight of the Navigator.  I remember loving it but watched it again recently and it was grating.  I seem to remember more monsters/creatures in it but that was like a 1 minute scene.  Not to mention Sarah Jessica Parker being even more awkwardly unattractive as a teenager.

Myxo

socketlevel

Brazoliange

Long live the New Flesh

metroshane

There was a time when you thought Howard the Duck was good?
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: metroshaneTime Bandits.  Get's on my nerves now.

The Dark Crystal.

BLASPHEMY!!!!

My Science Project
The Ice Pirates
License to Drive

socketlevel

Quote from: Brazoliangethe entire 3 Ninjas series =><=

3 ninjas always sucked

maybe it's a little after my time

-sl-

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Myxo, you outgrew the Short Circuit videogame!?