Beowulf

Started by MacGuffin, July 25, 2007, 12:31:39 AM

Sigur Rós

God damn this was one cool experience. Nice to have the 3-D glasses back on and just loose touch with reality for 2 hours. Awesome how this movie was just boiled down to dragons, trolls and vikings - action from beginning to end.

To all you Americans I would like to say that Denmark is not portrait 100 procent correct...

pumba

Yeah holy shit, this was one of the greatest theater experiences I've ever had in my entire life. I think I will seriously remember this forever...IMAX 3-D is phenomenal. You ARE IN the movie. THe 3-D is unlike anything I've seen before, and it really is such a fun ride from start to finish. I don't see how anyone can be disappointed with this. Seriously, go see it now. And don't see it sober.  :shock:

bonanzataz

Quote from: shnorff on November 27, 2007, 04:07:28 PMAnd don't see it sober.  :shock:

i actually went to the imax theater. it's like a half an hour away, much further than the regular theater. i was in the parking lot. i'm looking at the marquee and the line in front of the box office and i'm just like, "fuck this, i've got no beer, no way am i seeing this movie sober." so i left. i don't think i'm gonna see this one.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

if you ever are going to see this movie, see it in IMAX 3D.  otherwise, don't bother.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Fernando

You guys weren't kidding, this was amazing in 3D and everyone should check it out that way; Beowulf has to be the Superman of the middle ages.

Man if this looked this great I can't even imagine how jaw dropping will Avatar be.

SiliasRuby

I should have seen it drunk. I saw it sober in 3D and I laughed everytime Beowulf exclaimed who he was. :P But it was quite an experience. One thing I can't fathom is how it got a PG 13 rating with Angelina Jolie presented the way she is.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pubrick

yeah it LOOKED amazing, but the story is subpar. beowulf is no eric brighteyes, he's not the greatest hero who (n)ever lived. malkovich was completely useless, worst cgi acting ever. again, AMAZING on 3D, alison lohman was so pretty.. if that's not weird to say, but notice also that anyone who isn't a star was pretty much a default shrek-face. someone actually looked like princess fiona.

grendel was scary. all action scenes delivered. everything else.. borefest.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

I wish I could have seen this in 3D. There are shots that look so amazingly real that it's makes you wonder, Why not shoot it real? Because the parts that look CG are very evident. With all the motion capture dots put all the actors bodies, their movements still came off stiff at times. And those were the moments were it felt like I was watching a glorified video game. Then there was something that stood out on why the characters felt real yet not, and I couldn't put my finger on it until I realized: Their eyes don't blink. But the action and all the bloody gore (and there was a lot of it in the director's cut) was worth watching.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks