Man of the Year (John Ritter)

Started by Derek237, April 21, 2006, 07:18:47 PM

Derek237

Being a John Ritter fan, I had always hoped to get ahold of this one, especially seeing as it was his last starring role. I finally found a copy and watched it last night. It's one of those multiple camera, improvisational acting, overlapping stories type experiments. It wasn't the greatest, but it was pretty involving. What really surprised me was the fact that it was actually filmed in just one night.

Concerning John Ritter and the fact that it was his last lead role, I thought this was an interesting final mark. He gives a good performance, but not really his best work. It was more defining of him as an actor in the sense that he was at a point in his career where he wanted to experiment, and do riskier things. It's such a shame that he died at this point because I'm sure that eventually he would have found his perfect role (a la Bill Murray in Lost in Translation for example).

So has anyone else seen this? Feedback?

last days of gerry the elephant

I have a copy that I'm willing to sell it to anyone interested.
That's to say the least about that flick.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye