THOMAS JANE IS THE PUNISHER!!!

Started by Derek, April 03, 2003, 03:47:15 PM

cowboykurtis

Quote from: RaikusI don't know. I've got some reservations about the look. Why the hell does the Punisher wear a screen printed t-shirt? Shouldn't the skull be some type of body armor or at least embossed slightly like the comics? Hell, even Batman has an embossed logo. I'm not saying make him utterly unrealistic by plastering him with armor and padding, but don't make him look like he walked into Hot Topic to buy his clothes.

couldn't agree with you more -- it  looks like a halloween costume youd buy a walmart.
...your excuses are your own...

Sigur Rós

Thomas Jane! man that is interresting news. Eventhough he looks kind of stupid on that picture!

Gold Trumpet

The outfit is fine. The only reason it may seem not as intimidating or dark as expected is all due to how the picture was taken, which is just a basic pic of him in it. When the film is released though and the look of the movie is shown in tone with the character, the results should be much different.

~rougerum

cowboykurtis

its not that it doesnt look intimidating or dark -- the quality of the outfit looks like a halloween costume that a 7 yr old boy would wear -- im curious if this is even a production still, or just some sort of pre productions screen test, hopefully the latter of the two is the case.
...your excuses are your own...

MacGuffin

John Travolta is The Punisher Villain!

Variety says that Artisan Pictures and Marvel Studios have cast John Travolta to play the lead villain opposite Thomas Jane in The Punisher, with Jonathan Hensleigh directing his own script.

The comic book adaptation is the tale of an FBI undercover agent who, just as he's completed his last mission that will lead to a cushy desk job, sees his family slaughtered. He becomes single-mindedly determined to exact revenge. Travolta plays Howard Saint, a former underworld figure who goes straight but returns to old habits after his son is slain. The two men square off against one another.

Teaser poster:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: MacGuffinJohn Travolta is The Punisher Villain!

Hopefully he can be a little more scary than he was in Broken Arrow.

Cecil

yeah, lets hope hes more like he was in face/off

Raikus

Well this movie just went in the shitter.

Oooh! Oooh! Maybe he can be as bad-ass as Gabriel Whatever in Swordfish.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

great THEY LIVE avatar.  "rowdy" roddy piper does it for me every time.  maybe HE should have been the punisher.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pozer

Ghostboy

I hate teasers like this. At least they actually show him.

Pwaybloe

C'mon.  Does no one else crack up when they look at that picture of Thomas Jane?.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs