Tenet

Started by jacques100, April 05, 2019, 04:15:09 AM

jacques100

Drenk

Femme fatale. Nolan can't help himself. I loved Dunkirk because Time—yes, once again—was at the center and the experience of these men was well rendered, the fact that they were a group instead of individuals made them more humane than Nolan's previous characters. I'm worried about the femme fatale thing. His characters are especially hollow when they turn around a woman. But he might find the right way to express what's obviously troubling him about mysterious, sexy, dead women.
Ascension.

Robyn

Remember when casting Robert Pattinson was so far-fetched that it was considered an april fools joke? That was a long time ago.

Also that title... yawn.

Sleepless

Quote from: Robyn on April 05, 2019, 12:16:46 PM
Also that title... yawn.

It feels like he's parodying himself
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Drenk

Ascension.

Robyn

I named a short film Tempus once.

Thought there was a thread about it here, but maybe I asked for it to be deleted?

Anyway, I was 15...

polkablues

There is a 100% chance I will accidentally refer to this movie as "Patrick Fugit" at some point.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Drenk

QuoteIt's called Tenet and is described by Warner Bros. as "an action epic from the world of international espionage."
Ascension.

Capote

They've shot this in Estonia, Italy and Norway so far.

QuotePrincipal photography began in May 2019 and will take place in seven countries, including the United Kingdom, Estonia, Italy, and India.

Also, do you guys think this could be an Inception sequel? I know I know. Sounds dumb. But the teaser said "It's time for a new protagonist" and showed smoke from a bullet hole flowing backwards. Time is definitely an element here and "TENET" is a palindome and obviously a reference to SATOR Square. So maybe Tenet and Inception are in the same universe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sator_Square
Nah fuck this. I have a choice between shit with the FBI or Getting my fucking IP leaked? you guys are fucked. im not leaking shit. leak my fucking IP, Im done

polkablues

I have no idea what's going on, but I'm super into it. Enamored with this cast.

Drenk

That's James Bond with a dead wife instead of the fucking. I'm in.
Ascension.

polkablues

Also it kind of feels like John David Washington watched Deja Vu and was like "Fuck you, dad, check this out."

Jeremy Blackman

So... time travel or not time travel?

WorldForgot

"Time" is in every tagline, even in Spanish. So, probably time travel or at least ontological time-distortion.

polkablues

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on December 19, 2019, 06:54:43 PM
So... time travel or not time travel?

I knew I should have made you sign an NDA when I let you read my sci-fi Hamlet reboot.