The Game

Started by Spike, September 07, 2003, 05:47:20 PM

Spike

Quote from: mutinyco
Anybody spot Spike Jonze as one of the EMS guys at the end?

Yeah, I saw him. Seconds after Van Ortons jump from the building you can see his face in a close-up when he's talking to Van Orton after his landing. You just have to recognize him on his voice!
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

kotte

Caught this on TV. I don't really understand all the praise it's getting. Sure, the performances are good, as is the direction but the story is just like all the other mediocre thrillers out there. You know exactly how it¨s going to end. Don't tell me you didn't know. There was no way on earth the main character would end up dead or unhappy.

I don't it's bad. It's entertaining...as is most of the movies on TV. Good. Not great.

SiliasRuby

I went passed the DVD at the store the other day and I was really disapointed with the extras. It had inserts and the trailer I believe but thats it and I was wondering why such the long wait (it came out a week ago last year) and then no extras, which surprised me because all of his other movies have been given some sort of Special features including Panic Room which is coming out with a SE later this year. So I was wondering, what gives? If anyone has any information on this I'd really like to know.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Quote from: SiliasRubySo I was wondering, what gives? If anyone has any information on this I'd really like to know.

That old culprit - rights issues. Criterion released an extras filled laserdisc edition of The Game, but I believe MGM now owns the rights to the Polygram Filmed Entertainment library.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

I just saw this a few weeks ago and forgot to post about it... Great movie!

SiliasRuby

Thank you for the information Mac, I really appreciate it.

My Collection

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gold Trumpet

I actually do. It's my favorite Fincher film to watch (The Social Network being his best) and it would be an underrated film to have on Blu Ray. If I can get a good online deal, I'll pick it up.

SiliasRuby

I'm with GT on everything he said.

My Collection

socketlevel

I'm with SiliasRuby on everything he said.

I saw this film blind in the theatres, and it was the best way to experience it.
the one last hit that spent you...

Pozer

Quote from: socketlevel on October 20, 2010, 12:08:31 PM
I saw this film blind in the theatres, and it was the best way to experience it.

by not seeing it?

Pubrick

Quote from: Pozer on October 20, 2010, 12:31:35 PM

by not seeing it?

maybe he meant blind drunk  :yabbse-huh:
under the paving stones.

socketlevel

Quote from: P on October 21, 2010, 02:46:04 AM
Quote from: Pozer on October 20, 2010, 12:31:35 PM

by not seeing it?

maybe he meant blind drunk  :yabbse-huh:

haha more like a "blind buy". you silly geese.
the one last hit that spent you...