What Did You Think Of Matrix Revolutions?

Started by Cathartic Cleansing, October 15, 2003, 01:11:30 PM

Banky

Gloria

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeAt the end of Revolutions, Iron Maiden will suddenly start playing. Neo will be violently sucked out of the Matrix. Cut to a bedroom. Ted Logan wakes up with a jolt. He calls his friend on the telephone and says, "Bill, I just had a most excellent nightmare!"

Best. Ending. Ever.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Gloria
Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeAt the end of Revolutions, Iron Maiden will suddenly start playing. Neo will be violently sucked out of the Matrix. Cut to a bedroom. Ted Logan wakes up with a jolt. He calls his friend on the telephone and says, "Bill, I just had a most excellent nightmare!"

Best. Ending. Ever.

I'm going to be pissed if they don't use that ending now.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Weak2ndAct

The ending will be w/ Morpheus and Niobe.  You heard it here first.

samuelclemens

pure genius.  i would actually watch that film if that were actually the ending.  

otherwise, yeah, the matrix is...blah.
Stupid babies need the most attention!

Banky

as much of a fan as i obviously am...... The interviews the casts are giving worry me.  I get the feeling that the movies will be a lot like Reloaded in the fact that it will go over the heads of the major viewing audience.

Keanu says-      "What audiences make of Revolutions will depend on the amount of energy they put into it", and adds that "The script is full of cul-de-sacs and secret passageways."

i just have the feeling that critically this film probably wont be praised.  Bad word of mouth kept Reloaded from going into the stratosphere of earnings.  It made 270 mill with bad word of mouth.  I have a feeling that Revolutions will make similar earnings.  I think it will be very good but the mainstream audience will probably be turned off by it.  The Wachowski's take risks by going over the average movie goers head.  Regardless it will still make a ridiculos profit.

Fernando

They should put that ending as an alternate for the DVD.

SHAFTR

The Matrix Revolutions trailer...didn't get me very excited.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Kal

Quote from: Bankyas much of a fan as i obviously am...... The interviews the casts are giving worry me.  I get the feeling that the movies will be a lot like Reloaded in the fact that it will go over the heads of the major viewing audience.

Keanu says-      "What audiences make of Revolutions will depend on the amount of energy they put into it", and adds that "The script is full of cul-de-sacs and secret passageways."

i just have the feeling that critically this film probably wont be praised.  Bad word of mouth kept Reloaded from going into the stratosphere of earnings.  It made 270 mill with bad word of mouth.  I have a feeling that Revolutions will make similar earnings.  I think it will be very good but the mainstream audience will probably be turned off by it.  The Wachowski's take risks by going over the average movie goers head.  Regardless it will still make a ridiculos profit.

I totally agree. Fact is that most of the people who told me that they didnt like it was because a) they already went with a bad review on their head thinking the movie wasnt good or b) they didnt understand it, just because they didnt want to focus and try to understand how the story changed...

I do think also that Revolutions will be like this also. I think the Wachowski's already made their mark and they will come back with some other crazy idea soon. The revenue, well, they made enough money anyways and they still will make more with the DVDs and Revolutions.

Another reason of the not so amazing revenue on Reloaded was the Rated status. I dont see it with much more violence than many other PG-13 movies, but the stupid sex scene changed that and also I think the scene was too long.

This one will be Rated too, but I dont know exactly what they will put on it... but for sure is what made a difference on the audience of a movie like this, or Pirates of the Caribbean that made 300+ revenue without being a movie that many people were waiting for.

Sleuth

I don't care if people won't like it, in fact I know what I'll be hearing next month

the same things people said with Reloaded

choose

a)  This movie doesn't make any sense, there are really cool action scenes but they talk too much!  I don't like CGI.

or

b)  This movie tries to be really smart but it isn't.  It's another stupid action movie, thanks Hollywood.  I don't like CGI.

I don't care, though.
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Quote from: andykbut the stupid sex scene changed that and also I think the scene was too long.

I have to admit, on my first viewing, I kinda agreed with this (not to this extreme though), although I felt there was a story point to it. I did a 180 upon my second viewing in that I saw the artistry to it and also felt it wasn't long at all. I still believe this scene will have a significance in "Revolutions" (a baby maybe?). Plus that "Zion" track kicks ass

"To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human." - Mouse
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Quote from: MacGuffinI still believe this scene will have a significance in "Revolutions" (a baby maybe?).

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinI still believe this scene will have a significance in "Revolutions" (a baby maybe?).

i totally agree with this.  i just re-watched this the other day when i got my dvd and had to stop midway through and go 'okay, there is absolutely no reason for this scene to go on like this, or to be this long without a payoff.  the only way for this to make any sense whatsoever is if trinity ends up being pregnant with a little baby neo in the next one.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

edison

If shes pregnant and they say she is then she must be some sort of alien because Reloaded and Revolutions takes place within the same time frame, its not like a few months pass, and i dont think they will show a title card at the end saying 9 months later, and ta-da, a baby is in Trinitys hands

Banky

Quote from: Cinephile

that pic is fucking sweet

i really liked the dance/love scene.  I think it wsa needed to show thier love for each other and for you to have a connection to the inhabitants in Zion.  if you dont care for the people there.  Revolutions would be pointless.