Mario Movie...???

Started by A Matter Of Chance, October 25, 2003, 04:00:26 PM

A Matter Of Chance

I know there's was a pretty bad Super Mario Brothers movie in 1993, but does anyone think it would be possible to make a good Mario movie? Personally, I think it would be pretty good if there was an awesome one made. [/url]

Ghostboy

Well, I personally don't see the need for another one, since the 1993 version totally rocks.

kotte

Sure, if it's good it's good.

Find Your Magali

On the topic of computer and video games being made into movies, heaven knows we have had our share: Resident Evil, the films of Paul Anderson, Pong: The Motion Picture.

On a serious note, though, I have always been floored that none of the Infocom interactive-text games of the 1980s got turned into movie productions. Those remain among the greatest game experiences I've ever had, even though they were only words on a screen.

The one I always thought would make a slam-dunk movie was "Planetfall." Sure it's just "words on a screen." But if you played that game through to its conclusion and weren't incredibly moved by the act of courage and bravery by your sidekick, Floyd the robot, at the end of the game, then you weren't human.

Parts of the Zork series would have also been cinematic, as well as "The Lurking Horror" and some of the mysteries (Deadline, Witness...)

That's all.

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: Find Your MagaliPong: The Motion Picture."

Scared already...

SHAFTR

"they call it dog"

a comment made in Super Mario Bros. about a Hot Dog that made my friend and I laugh for days.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Find Your MagaliOn the topic of computer and video games being made into movies

I've said it before, but "Fallout" really really needs to be a movie.

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: Find Your MagaliOn the topic of computer and video games being made into movies

I've said it before, but "Fallout" really really needs to be a movie.

Amazon.com says this about Fallout

Features:
Dark, post-nuclear-war role-playing games
Encounter mutants, droids, ghouls, giant lizards, and flesh-eating plants
Tactical turn-based combat
Choose or modify 1 of 3 premade characters, or create your own from scratch
Extremely graphic violence and some graphic sex

Cecil

taz, you gotta do this fallout movie, man

bonanzataz

ok, just finished writing the script. let's get some funding and shoot this fucker!

reminds me of a south park quote:

CARTMAN: wow! your style of music is so easy to write, it requires no thought at all!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Cecil

do you know bob and harvey's number?