I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

Robyn

I bought Trash Humpers for 4 dollars on the local DVD. Did some research and this guy Harmonie Korine is hilarious. Need to see all of his films now!

Also bought What? by Polanski. I don't know why really, i've seen it before and didn't even like it that much. But when I found it in the store it felt right to buy it. Also bought My own private Idaho. High expectations on that one.

Good day.

Reel

cool, sounds like a good store. You haven't seen Kids or Gummo? Do yourself a favor and go do that!!

Jeremy Blackman

Gummo is really good. I haven't seen Trash Humpers yet so I can't really compare, but I'll take your word that it's funny, and you should definitely not expect Gummo to be similarly funny.

squints

I loved Mister Lonely, but most people round here hated it. To each his own.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Ravi

The Perineum Falcon

Couldn't resist the Criterion sale....

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

mogwai

Robyn

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on August 06, 2011, 03:15:59 PM
Quote from: KJ on August 05, 2011, 07:41:36 AMGood, but not as great as Dogville. Missed Nicole Kidman alot.

I still think Manderlay is vastly underrated.

And I feel like people (including myself) feel like Dogville is better only because it came first. Manderlay packs a bigger moral punch than Dogville and takes itself more seriously. Also, I like Bryce Dallas Howard for this role much more than Kidman. BDH should have been in Dogville, too.

No, it wasn't bad at all. It just wasn't the same huge film experince that Dogville was. But yeah, it's probably because I saw Dogville first.
Bryce Dallas Howard was good, but I didn't think she could carry the film in the same way Kidman did. I thought Kidmans almost bigger-then-life charisma suited the character better. Bryce was too normal (uhm, if that make any sense at all) 

Quote from: Reelist on September 09, 2011, 01:17:23 PM
cool, sounds like a good store. You haven't seen Kids or Gummo? Do yourself a favor and go do that!!

Haven't got around to do that yet. Will watch them as soon as possible.

Yeah, the store is really cool. Here is the webesite for it: http://www.videodrome.se/

I don't want to know how much money I have spent there.

mogwai

SiliasRuby

Star Wars Episode 4-6 Blu-ray
Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia Season 6
Something Wild Criterion Blu-ray
Le Cercle Rouge Criterion Blu-ray
Melrose Place Season 6 Vol. 1 and 2
Taxi Driver Blu-ray
Kiss Me Deadly Criterion Blu-ray
Blow Out Criterion Blu-ray
The Frighteners Blu-ray
Memento Blu-ray
Go Blu-ray
Drive Angry Blu-ray
Broadcast News Criterion Blu-ray
Sweet Smell of Success Criterion Blu-ray
Dexter Season 5
The Cable Guy Blu-ray
Insignificance Criterion Blu-ray
The Big Lebowski Blu-ray
The Killing Criterion Blu-ray
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Robyn

Oh, I am little embarrassed that I haven't seen any Bergman yet! The probably is that I don't want to download any of them and doesn't have enough money to buy them all. Which film is the best to start with?

ElPandaRoyal

Someone was in that same position a while back. So check this out, it might help :wink:
Si

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Reel

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 11:08:32 AM

One of these things is not like the others...

Sweet finds, though. Do those TCM packs go for a good price?

Neil

All of that cost 30 bucks.  The gangsters package was $7.99 and the other two were 10.

i've never seen party animal.  So, we'll see. I'm pretty sure it's right up there with Dial 'M' For Murder though.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.