best of this decade (so far)

Started by Jeremy Blackman, November 17, 2004, 11:40:04 PM

hedwig

Quote from: The Silver BulletMy point is, what the Hell is your problem?

oh shit. you capitalized Hell....

The Silver Bullet

Quote from: Hedwig
Quote from: The Silver BulletMy point is, what the Hell is your problem?

oh shit. you capitalized Hell....
God forbid.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

hedwig

Quote from: Withnail & GarfunkelXixax's just glowing these days.

Yeah, it's been odd. If you go through any given thread you're bound to find a big fight, usually about topics like "Asian flirting" or "assholes."

...boring.

yeah... the Next President thread will be missed.
context, context, context.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Hedwig
Quote from: Withnail & GarfunkelXixax's just glowing these days.

Yeah, it's been odd. If you go through any given thread you're bound to find a big fight, usually about topics like "Asian flirting" or "assholes."

...boring.

So what you're saying is that the problem is pete?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

pete/modage.  whatever THAT means!?!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

hahaha, someone change petes custom rank to Mini-Mod.....STAT!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

after watching a few movies again, my revision to my list becomes...

10 ) Memento

9 ) Elephant

8 ) Full Frontal

7 ) Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

6 ) Royal Tenenbaums

5 ) Amelie

4 ) City of God

3 ) I Heart Huckabees

2 ) Punch Drunk Love

1 )  Eteranl Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Gamblour.

What's with all these contemporary movies? Have y'all forgotten the classics?
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Gamblor not so gone.What's with all these contemporary movies? Have y'all forgotten the classics?

What're you talking about? Requiem For A Dream was from 2000.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Gamblor not so gone.What's with all these contemporary movies? Have y'all forgotten the classics?

What're you talking about? Requiem For A Dream was from 2000.

But people only put it so they can at least acknowledge the early stuff and say they're "into" the oldies. It's almost obligatory, they want to seem old-school. It's just pretentious.
WWPTAD?

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

meatball

classics of this decade??

Stefen