XIXAX: The Future Film by the xixax community.

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, September 18, 2003, 04:50:05 PM

Thecowgoooesmooo

I have this idea, and the idea is simply, the XIXAX community helps put together a film.

Everyone here, knows their movies, and for the most part, everyone has similiar tastes and everyone knows what a good film is. I really think this idea could be put forth into motion.

A script could be chosen by the XIXAX community.
A director could be chosen, producer, ect.
With help from community members and other financiers we could raise enough money to complete this project.
Maybe, we could get a contribution or support from everyones favorite director, Mr. Anderson. Also, community members could help raise money for the film. (ex. Coen Brothers while raising money for blood simple)

Further, with proper funding, we could have members fly out and meet somewhere to complete this project. We could aim for Sundance, and run the festival circuit.

We have a legitimate website here, and we have a good film loving community, I think this project could be amazing.

So you guys, tell me what you think about this idea. And if everyone seems to be for it, I will put my effort and time into a future XIXAX film.

chris

rustinglass

Cool, I could do portuguese subtitles for... let's say a dvd edition.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Weak2ndAct

In a perfect world, it would be really nice...  But I suspect that idea would turn into a mess in a NY minute.  Once you start competitions and bring taste into it (I could imagine the "you didn't pick me" fights already for script, favortism accusations... yikes).

If members wanna band up and do something, by all means, go for it.  But the minute it gets competitive and there are 'chosen' ones, people get left out, feelings get hurt, and the insults start flying.  That's just my 2 cents.

Thecowgoooesmooo

QuoteIn a perfect world, it would be really nice... But I suspect that idea would turn into a mess in a NY minute. Once you start competitions and bring taste into it (I could imagine the "you didn't pick me" fights already for script, favortism accusations... yikes).

If members wanna band up and do something, by all means, go for it. But the minute it gets competitive and there are 'chosen' ones, people get left out, feelings get hurt, and the insults start flying. That's just my 2 cents.

A competition is not set in stone. I was just using this as an example, this is just a preleminary idea right now.

But on that note, if people are upset if, for example, if someone's script was chosen over theres, then thats tough shit. And they need to stay away from this project. Those type of people, who act like that, they don't make films, they talk about others, and there films.

Everyone could contribute to this project in some way, shape or form.

chris

Weak2ndAct

Don't get me wrong-- I'm not shooting down your idea or dissing it.  Stuff like that is why I dig this site-- a place where a bunch of people w/ similar interests and tastes get together, where they would never meet these people otherwise.  Why not extend it into making a film?

BUT the 'tough shit' attitude is exactly where things could go wrong.  Making films shouldn't turn elitist, like making the assumption...

QuoteAnd they need to stay away from this project. Those type of people, who act like that, they don't make films, they talk about others, and there films.

It's a collaborative medium...

QuoteEveryone could contribute to this project in some way, shape or form.

And that's what should be the goal.

Thecowgoooesmooo

QuoteBUT the 'tough shit' attitude is exactly where things could go wrong. Making films shouldn't turn elitist, like making the assumption...

Quote:
And they need to stay away from this project. Those type of people, who act like that, they don't make films, they talk about others, and there films.

It's a collaborative medium...

What I meant with that statement was, if people were to whine or complain that their script or whatever it was... if it was not possibly accepted by the majority, or if people like that starting throwing insults and being negative instead of being positive about the project, then I don't think these type of people should be involved in this project. It just makes sense if you want to have a productive team.

But anyways, yes its a collaborative medium, i agree totally on that.

chris

Leatherface

I am new here, I do not know any of you but I will tell you, it will be messy. The same type of idea was purposed on another message board I go to. We were quite qualified to do the job, but it just got confusing and messy.

thedog

I agree, with the amount of large egos on the board, this is the type of project that could destroy the world.

SHAFTR

Why not make a collection of shorts based on a particular subject/location.  People who are interested can work on each other's projects and also direct their own...i don't know...i'm interested.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

prophet

it will be mass hysteria. if there was more members and everyone gives 10-20 bux that would be lots of money.
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

MacGuffin

What they did on Project Greenlight was give the chosen directors in the last round the same brief lines of dialogue; no slug lines or descriptions. It was upon the directors to interpret the vague lines and film them as they saw them (as a comedic scene, or dramatic, etc.). If interested, we could try that. It's not exactly bringing every one together (and yet it is), and it wouldn't be a competition, but just to see all of our techniques and interpretations for fun.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

Quote from: MacGuffinWhat they did on Project Greenlight was give the chosen directors in the last round the same brief lines of dialogue; no slug lines or descriptions. It was upon the directors to interpret the vague lines and film them as they saw them (as a comedic scene, or dramatic, etc.). If interested, we could try that. It's not exactly bringing every one together (and yet it is), and it wouldn't be a competition, but just to see all of our techniques and interpretations for fun.
that would be so cool--like a massive feature presentation thread. let's all do that right now.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: MacGuffinthe same brief lines of dialogue; no slug lines or descriptions. It was upon the directors to interpret the vague lines and film them as they saw them

Let's do it!  :-D

ShanghaiOrange

Let's make a documentary about this board trying to get a movie made and failing miserably but entertainingly.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***