huge dissapointments. in .cinema

Started by NEON MERCURY, October 30, 2003, 12:58:07 PM

Finn

Seabiscuit (went back to see it again, still didn't work)
The Runaway Jury
Minority Report (a good movie, but not as good as many made it out to be)
Carrie (hated every inch of this movie coming from a guy like De Palma)
Beloved
The Way We Were
Say Anything
Pearl Harbor
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Vile5

Matrix Reloaded
The Piano Teacher
Secretary
Y tu mama tambien (i think is an interesting movie but not that great)
Happiness
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

kotte

Quote from: SHAFTRGangs of New York

Oh my god. Isn't this the truth of the day...fuck, it's Marty. Thought it would be great. It was boring and slow. I think it's DiCaprio...claim he's good, sure...let Fabio take a crack at serious acting...same thing.

Fabio...wonderful hair though... :)

Finn

Almost forgot...

The Good Theif and Chicago
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Weak2ndAct

Gangs of New York
The Hours (hell, I bet you could put every Miramax Oscar movie from the past few years)
Solairs (The Soderbergh version-- I *like* it, but I expected a little more)
Eve's Bayou
Thesis
Miike's Graveyard of Honor (couldn't even finish it)
Charlie's Angels 2

picolas

Banky

Quote from: Weak2ndAct
Charlie's Angels 2

you had high hopes for this
?

Hulk
Wrong Turn
Clockwork Orange

Find Your Magali

MacGuffin

Quote from: Banky
Charlie's Angels 2

?

Quote from: BankyWrong Turn

I ask the same of you.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

AK

Signs
Elephant
AI

Quote from: godardian
Quote from: SoNowThen

Lost In Translation

REALLY?? I thought it was really wonderful. What was the prob, SNT?

All my friends hated too but I guess most of them put too much expectations on it... I try to keep on mind the main intention of the moive...like this one. It's a simple, light and melow film what turned it so good.

Quote from: Vile5The Piano Teacher

I couldn't disagree more vile. I went to watch this movie nothing anything about and I lOVED IT....

Banky

Quote from: MacGuffin
Charlie's Angels 2

?

Quote from: BankyWrong Turn

I ask the same of you.

i kept hearing it was the ultimate homage to 70's horror and i am (like most on the site) a fan of Dushku.  What can i say.

samsong

Quote from: AKElephant

I hope you die a painful death.  Just kidding... Elephant, for me at least, is the best film of the year and I doubt I'll love, appreciate, and respect a film more than I do this one.  To each his own...

AK

Quote from: samsong
Quote from: AKElephant

I hope you die a painful death.  Just kidding... Elephant, for me at least, is the best film of the year and I doubt I'll love, appreciate, and respect a film more than I do this one.  To each his own...

Writing from hell- just died but didn't pain that much

I got a thing with Van Sant - thought I could change my mind with this one since I heard only good things about but didn't happen this time...

modage

the matrix reloaded was the biggest disappointment of the year.  i bought into all the hype, i thought it was going to be the greatest film ever.  i think so did everyone else at the 10pm the night before it opened screening.  the silence during the movie was deafening.  all the geeks that were hootin and hollerin during the trailers and the excitement you could feel in the theatre before it started, was completely drained out in the first 15 minutes.  i was crushed.  a few weeks later i revisited the film as a matinee and do own it, but nothing can erase the disappointment.  i'm now going into revolutions with little to no hype, so hopefully i'll have a much better time.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Weak2ndAct

Charlie's Angels 2
?
Uhh... yeah.  I loved the 1st movie, it was dumb, fun, and highly rewatchable.  Why wouldn't I expect the same, if not better from the 2nd?  I've written why part 2 is such a huge stinker somewhere else, but...
Clockwork Orange
...Seriously.