I would kill to see a screening with the director

Started by Gamblour., September 03, 2003, 04:07:58 PM

Gamblour.

I've tried searches on the internet (besides the director fan sites I check all the time) and couldn't find any real information on how to know if a director will be doing a screening of a film with a Q and A session. Does anyone know how to find these screenings? Which director doesn't matter.
WWPTAD?

edison

The Silver Bullet

I thought this thread was going to ask me, "If you could have a private screening of a film with its director, what would you pick?"

I'm going to pretend that it did anyway and say:

LIVING: Martin Scorsese, GoodFellas (1990)
DEAD: David Lean, Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Cecil

Quote from: The Silver BulletDEAD: David Lean, Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

you would watch a movie with a corpse? how disrespectful

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

i wanna see the whole worm sequience in magnolia with pta and then go to dennys and he can give me a personal commentary on it that would be for my ears only

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: GamblorI've tried searches on the internet (besides the director fan sites I check all the time) and couldn't find any real information on how to know if a director will be doing a screening of a film with a Q and A session. Does anyone know how to find these screenings? Which director doesn't matter.

Your location says Atlanta, so I don't know how I could help where you are. But you could try this: find a major university around where you are, one with a decent film program and just call student activities center or whatever and ask.

Or, which is easier, check online with colleges that you know screen movies. They usually post shit like that if they have someone coming over.  It's not that hard to sneak into one of those things. I've done it a few times.

Gamblour.

Sounds like a good plan, el scorcho. Actually, Hertzfeld's The Animation Show (I believe) is coming here and I hear he may drop by. That would kick so much ass.
WWPTAD?

pete

happens all the time here in boston, I saw Capturing the Friedmans and Kill Bill this year with the directors.  Last year I saw the Hot Chick with Rob Schnieder.  You just need to make some friends with movie critics of your local papers or lonely theater owners.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

jasper_window

If you can afford it, travel to a film festival.  Sundance is a lot of fun, inside the theater and out.