There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

modage

Quote from: IN SPAR_ROWS on December 10, 2007, 02:18:00 PM
So who all is gettin bloody tomorrow?
YES.  can we get a roll call of anybody going who wants to meetup?

i know myself, cbrad and cinephile will all be in attendance and meeting up prior to the screening.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

JG

i'm going to be there, but all i know is i'll be writing a paper all day prior to and don't know when i'm getting there (should there be a concern for getting a good seat?).  i'm also suppose to be going with a few chaps from class, but we'll see.  i'll say hello at the very least.  samsong will be there too if i'm not mistaken, right samsong? 

modage

did anybody get a ticket in the mail?  or is it willcall?  don't make me have a freakout.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Astrostic

I called them this afternoon and the guy I spoke to said that everyone who bought a ticket has their name on a list that they will check at the theatre doors.  If you bought more than one ticket it shows that and they let in that many people.  I wish they would just give us tickets so we didn't have to necessarily be present with everyone we bought a ticket for if we bought more than one.

bonanzataz

i'll be there, but i don't think i'm going out afterwards. i gotta get back up to school in boston.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

tpfkabi

have they made any indication on just how limited this will be on Dec 26th?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

samsong

MacGuffin

Berlin unveils first competition films
'There Will Be Blood' joins lineup
Source: Variety

"S.O.P. Standard Operating Procedure," Errol Morris' examination of human rights violations at the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq; Paul Thomas Anderson's "There Will Be Blood," starring Daniel Day-Lewis; and Brazilian box office hit "Tropa Elite" (The Elite Squad), about the brutal war between gangs and police in Rio de Janeiro, will be among the titles contending for the Golden Bear at next year's Berlin Film Festival, which kicks off Feb. 7.

The lineup was released Monday in Berlin.

"Blood" will be the sixth film starring Day-Lewis to screen in Berlin and the fifth in the main competition section, after "In the Name of the Father" (1994), "The Crucible" (1997), "The Boxer" (1998) and "Gangs of New York" (2003). "The Ballad of Jack and Rose," directed by his wife, Rebecca Miller, screened in Panorama in 2005.

In addition to poignant themes of corruption, military abuse and the lasting effects of human greed, the first eight pics selected for competition also address the human struggle with suffering, disease and death.

Mexican director and former Berlinale Talent Campus participant Fernando Eimbcke tells the story of a teen coping with his father's sudden death in "Lake Tahoe," while German helmer Doris Doerrie's "Cherry Blossoms -- Hanami" revolves around a man with cancer who must come to grips with the unexpected death of his wife.

Chinese director Wang Xiaoshuai, who won the Silver Bear in 2001 for "Beijing Bicycle," is back with "Zuo you" ("In Love We Trust"), about a mother who has cancer and resorts to unusual measures to save her firstborn.

In "Gardens of the Night," Damian Harris follows the fate of two children who are abducted and held captive for nearly 10 years. Pic stars Gillian Jacobs, Evan Ross, Tom Arnold and John Malkovich.

Andrzej Wajda, who received the Golden Bear for lifetime achievement in 2006, will present his latest work, "Katyn," out of competition. Pic examines the long-taboo subject of the 1940 massacre of thousands of Polish war prisoners by the Soviet secret service.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night. tonight's the night.

grand theft sparrow

SiliasRuby

that made me laugh sparrows, thanks, I've been heavily sick from last friday night up to now and I needed a smile. Thanks...bleh.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

JG

modage

i think cinephile will be there by 5pm.  i'm leaving work at 5pm so i'll be there around 5:30.

grand theft sparrow