David Letterman , the man of letters

Started by Jack Sparrow, June 21, 2003, 09:15:29 AM

Jack Sparrow

Ok, this is a week old but I have to ask. What did ye think of Tom Green hosting the Late Show? Dave was obviously sick that someone had to cover for him. I thought Tom had potential, he was also kind of nervous as well. But he pulled it off and the Scott Stevens interview went very well.

Discuss. Now.

Pubrick

i doubt dave has been sick these days that he's been taking off. tom did a good job and i look forward to his new show on mtv.

on a sort of relevant note, i'd do stephanie.
under the paving stones.

Pubrick

monty.

other interesting facts about stephanie "monty" birkitt:
dave pronounces her name Burquette, like cigarette.
she looks good in costumes.
her ex-boyfriend danced without moving his arms in a lurching manner.
is hot with glasses.
loves monkeys, food.
prolly did dave at one point.
under the paving stones.

sphinx

tom's show premieres on monday at midnight.  i'm sure tom was a bit nervous, but anything you seem him doing is usually an act.  if you saw him drop by on conan a few nights ago you would have seen a bit of a clip of his new show (he travels to texas where he encounters a place called 'tom green county' named after a war hero named tom green).  a fun show, but i think he could have had more fun if the guests were a bit more fun

Gold Trumpet

I never cared about Letterman. In my mind, he is very unfunny. His jokes are on the same wave length as Leno's, but Letterman's delivery is very bad. Leno can at least get excited and make his usual bad jokes kinda entertaining. Letterman feels like the guy who has subtle humor and is funny more for the way he acts and such than just throwing out a typical joke, but thing is, he mostly throws out jokes on his shows and it doesn't work for him. Dennis Miller is my favorite comedian, but he had his perfect venue on HBO and thats done with. I'd rather not see him on any of these shows because of the absence of his use to swear. I'm waiting to see John Stewart pushed up to Letterman status and become a major player. He's deserving of it.

Tom Green can be funny when doing a thought out skit. His regular antics he does when having to fall on something when he has nothing else to do has become lame and old.

~rougerum

Pubrick

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI never cared about Letterman. In my mind, he is very unfunny. His jokes are on the same wave length as Leno's, but Letterman's delivery is very bad. Leno can at least get excited and make his usual bad jokes kinda entertaining. Letterman feels like the guy who has subtle humor and is funny more for the way he acts and such than just throwing out a typical joke, but thing is, he mostly throws out jokes on his shows and it doesn't work for him. Dennis Miller is my favorite comedian, but he had his perfect venue on HBO and thats done with. I'd rather not see him on any of these shows because of the absence of his use to swear. I'm waiting to see John Stewart pushed up to Letterman status and become a major player. He's deserving of it.

Tom Green can be funny when doing a thought out skit. His regular antics he does when having to fall on something when he has nothing else to do has become lame and old.

~rougerum
yeah thanks for the cry, shouldn't u be standing up for the rights of foreign caterers or sumthin?
under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: P
Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI never cared about Letterman. In my mind, he is very unfunny. His jokes are on the same wave length as Leno's, but Letterman's delivery is very bad. Leno can at least get excited and make his usual bad jokes kinda entertaining. Letterman feels like the guy who has subtle humor and is funny more for the way he acts and such than just throwing out a typical joke, but thing is, he mostly throws out jokes on his shows and it doesn't work for him. Dennis Miller is my favorite comedian, but he had his perfect venue on HBO and thats done with. I'd rather not see him on any of these shows because of the absence of his use to swear. I'm waiting to see John Stewart pushed up to Letterman status and become a major player. He's deserving of it.

~rougerum
yeah thanks for the cry, shouldn't u be standing up for the rights of foreign caterers or sumthin?

Shouldn't you make a decent effort to stand up for the comedy of Letterman? You gotta stop with all the bad comebacks because you look the most intimidated of anyone here to what I say. Just disagree like everyone else.........

~rougerum

Pubrick

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetShouldn't you make a decent effort to stand up for the comedy of Letterman? You gotta stop with all the bad comebacks because you look the most intimidated of anyone here to what I say. Just disagree like everyone else.........

~rougerum
i don't need to defend anything, but i can diss u whenever i want for no reason.

oh, and shut up, idiot.
under the paving stones.

Pozer

P Public Enemy #1
my boy said freeze and I got numb

Sigur Rós

I lost all my respect for Tom Green when I saw him bathing in oatmeal!

Pozer

no, no. that was the Green Tom show

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: P
Quote from: The Gold TrumpetShouldn't you make a decent effort to stand up for the comedy of Letterman? You gotta stop with all the bad comebacks because you look the most intimidated of anyone here to what I say. Just disagree like everyone else.........

~rougerum
i don't need to defend anything, but i can diss u whenever i want for no reason.

oh, and shut up, idiot.

Hah, with that great remark it looks like you are pleading idiocy only for yourself. You can try to diss all you want, but its all juvenile considering I'm never starting any of it nor are most people on this board. Maybe you should seek attention in other ways because normally, I have nothing against you. Its just when you play bully, you can never back your words up with any intimidation.

~rougerum

Pozer

dammit! your bickering is ruining my slap stick

NEON MERCURY

:splat:  tom green ------ also very annoying it is like a high school kid having his own show people who find his show funny are the ones that think SNL is better now than when it first premiered, listen to new alternative rock only, still wear hypercolor shirts :)

letterman is good
leno is OKAY
conan is the best

Sigur Rós

Quote from: poserno, no. that was the Green Tom show

I know. I hate the Tom Green Show. Did anyone see the show, where he acted like a total psyko in front of his parents?