Fargo (TV series)

Started by Punch, March 19, 2014, 03:11:44 PM

THIS HAS BEEN OUT A WEEK AND NO ONE SAID ANYTHING
freaking amazing, excited;;

Jeremy Blackman

This looks fantastic. Maybe people will realize Fargo has always been better than True Detective.

Noah Hawley had a great interview on The Nerdist Writers Panel by the way:

http://nerdist.com/nerdist-writers-panel-145-noah-hawley-and-fargo/

the season two premiere was amazing and very unexpected. did anyone else see it? if not, theres not really a reason to divulge spoilers.

Jeremy Blackman

I've had a busy week but I'll see it tonight. Can't wait. Spoil away (with a warning plz).

Jeremy Blackman

This is probably the best show on TV right now. Every scene is packed with meaning. There are layers upon layers and numerous quirky delights to uncover... a welcome contrast to The Walking Dead. (The AV Club has an especially good review of this episode.)

The dialogue and the editing were both appropriately off-kilter and sometimes even jarring. I don't think that was my imagination. Skip Macdonald (of Breaking Bad) edited, so that's interesting.

SPOILER

Shame that we (presumably) don't get to see Kieran Culkin in future episodes.

tpfkabi

I didn't watch Season 1, but I saw Kirsten Dunst interviewed and someone else talk about it, so I watched the S2 premiere.
I enjoyed it. It felt pretty much like the recent good AMC TV series, and Tarantino.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Jeremy Blackman

Stick with the show, cause I guarantee it's just getting started. Season 1 had an episode or two of wind-up, then really took off and was masterful through the end.

Also, watch Season 1. Best Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman performances ever.

Jeremy Blackman

Another great one. Slightly less exciting, but a lot of things are being set up.

Here's a must-watch from The AV Club:

Split-screen decisions: Analyzing Fargo's most striking new visual flourish

this is the best show on television.

spoilers

the coen brothers style is godlike.
everything is cold. you can feel the snow in every scene.
you know how sad it will be to go home.

tpfkabi

I can't help but think about Plemons doing FNL, Breaking Bad, The Master, and now this.
You can tell that the actor with the brothers from Kansas City is having a lot of fun with that part.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Tictacbk

Finally had time to catch up on this show. Watched all of Season 1 and caught up on 2 ove the last couple weeks. Yeah, wow. If you're not watching this, you're watching TV wrong. Nic Pizzolatto must hate it.

SPOILERS for season two:
-love all the Vietnam talk.
-when are we going to talk about the UFO's?
-I hope they go BTTF-style, and do a season 3 in the 1800s.

samsong

grooving on this season so fucking hard.  plays like beckett by way of tarantino.  altman would've loved it.  hope the rest of the season's as good as i want/expect it to be. 

RegularKarate

Yep, it's pretty great. I don't like it as much as season 1, but that's only because it doesn't have Billy Bob Thornton in probably his best role ever. It's still great and the only T.V. show right now that I watch as it airs (or at least the next day so I can see it on FX Now)

Anyone else think season 3 might go back even further in time? See some more shit like that movie theater scene?

This last episode had the tension of a season finale, I was on edge through almost the entire thing.

Drenk

What's the point of doing a great scene from The Sopranos minus the emotion and the background? Why, Fargo:doh:
Ascension.

Jeremy Blackman

I was disappointed by this latest episode, except for two or three very excellent scenes. It's definitely underperforming vs. Season 1 right now. I have a feeling it will swiftly recover, though.