SIN CITY

Started by squints, August 16, 2005, 04:29:36 PM

squints

So this sin city dvd came out today and i just picked up, i was diggin the multiple covers but the dvd bonus features are pathetic in comparison to rodriguez's previous efforts. my question is: did i just pay 20 bucks for this movie when the "special" special edition is set to come out soon? should i have waited? damn this dvd crap, i don't have the money for this.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: squintsSo this sin city dvd came out today and i just picked up, i was diggin the multiple covers but the dvd bonus features are pathetic in comparison to rodriguez's previous efforts. my question is: did i just pay 20 bucks for this movie when the "special" special edition is set to come out soon? should i have waited? damn this dvd crap, i don't have the money for this.

How long have you been posting here, Squints?

Quote from: MacSin City Double Dips on DVD
Dimension to offer a deluxe edition following August's bare-bones DVD release.

IGN recently received a deluge of email about what bonus materials and extra features are included on the August 16 release of Robert Rodriguez' Sin City. The disc, as some predicted, will offer only a bare-bones release of the film, including three sound formats (English DTS 5.1, English Dolby Digital 5.1, and French) and a behind-the-scenes featurette.

Rodriguez previously promised a deluxe DVD release for the film that includes a number of innovative features, including the next installment of his 10 Minute Film School series, and a programming option which separates and restores each story to its original length. But these will not be available until late 2005 or '06 at the earliest; while no release date has been set for the deluxe version, one expects the DVD will release during fourth quarter '05 to capitalize on the holiday shopping season.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

squints

i'm a reader, not a poster apparently
i'll do better next time
thanks anyway walrus
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

GoneSavage

I knew full well there was gonna be a special edition and I bought this anyway; I'll just get that one when it comes out.

Ghostboy

The official Sin City thread continues to exist in the Rodriguez/Tarantino forum, and it is there that any discussion of extra features, the lack thereof, and/or overall awesomeness can continue. This thread, meanwhile, has been locked.