donnie darko dvd versions?

Started by tpfkabi, March 08, 2003, 10:09:06 PM

picolas

Quote from: cowboykurtisdo you actually think theres enough information within the film to make that conclusion?

yeah.

Quote from: cowboykurtisif all occurences in this film are controlled by a "higher being"...

i didn't said that, did i? i think Donnie had a choice, and that's why if that version of his life had gone on, the world would've ended just as Frank was sayin' earlier...or is that later?

Pubrick

picolas has been drinking brain tea.  :yabbse-thumbup:
under the paving stones.

cowboykurtis

you know the liquid like vectors that pertrude from his chest and lead him towards his predestined future? thats alluding to the fact that he is not in control of his actions. it leads him upstairs to the gun. it leads to him to every situation that will eventually assist to the killing of frank. if this is not the influence of a "a higher being" then what is it?
...your excuses are your own...

picolas

Quote from: cowboykurtisyou know the liquid like vectors that pertrude from his chest and lead him towards his predestined future? thats alluding to the fact that he is not in control of his actions. it leads him upstairs to the gun. it leads to him to every situation that will eventually assist to the killing of frank. if this is not the influence of a "a higher being" then what is it?

oh...fo sho it's the influence of a higher being. maybe this helps. 9i'm paraphrasing here0:

Donnie: so if you could see your path or channel, then you could see...into the future, right?

Monitof: wel...uhh...you're contradicting yourself there, donnie. if one could see their destinies manifest themselves physically, then we would have the choice to betray our destinies, making all pre-formed notions of time...come to an end...

Donnie: not if you travel within God's channel.

Monitof: ...i'm afraid i'm not going to be able to continue this conversation.

Donnie: why?

Monitof: i could lose my job.

Donnie: ...okay.

so, from that, Donnie could betray his destiny if he wanted to, 'speccially after considering the fact that he can see it right in front of him...in that respect, those spears are actually alluding to something completely the opposite of watchoo sayin'...

grrrrkcirbuppppppppeeeee...????//

Pubrick

Quote from: picolasDonnie: not if you travel within God's channel.

Monitof: ...i'm afraid i'm not going to be able to continue this conversation.

Donnie: why?

Monitof: i could lose my job.

Donnie: ...okay.

grrrrkcirbuppppppppeeeee...????//

yeah that scene was eerie. so basically the deal is u can't time travel unless to fulfil ur destiny. meaning if u can see into ur future, u better damn well do it or  or....bahhh picolbug.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

Yeah... god forbid there be a movie that doesn't explain every last detail and we have to decide what possiblities exist... quicherbitchenthen

I feel there are some definate flaws in the film, but overall, still great.

Why the incarnation of Frank?

bonanzataz

Quote from: cowboykurtisits ludacris.  

not to be an asshole actually, yeah, to be an asshole, ludacris is a rapper. it's ludicrous, bud.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

cowboykurtis

thanks for the grammer lesson. i didn't know that slang wasn't allowed on posts. when's the Spelling B?

MacGuffin

Quote from: cowboykurtiswhen's the Spelling B?

+
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: cowboykurtiswhen's the Spelling B?

+

you guyes are a sharpe crowde. i haf to ketch up on my spellin'. i dont nowe how I will everr keepe up wit ur intileect.

Gold Trumpet

Usually on movies that make you think more, it takes multiple viewings to really appreciate it and understand the well written dramatic side to the movie, like appreciating the grounds on which the movie stands on since a lot of what is noticeable on the first is the coloring of it. This movie completely falters in multiple viewings because the dramatic grounds it has turns into something laughable as you realize the banality that is making a dramatic point that life is not measured by a straight line but instead goes outside and has different sides to it. Then Drew Barrymore taking the stand in front of everyone to stand up for writing material that is controversial in its themes, even if against the moral religous sect of her city. The grounds this movie stands are simple arguments that gone beyond cliche because everyone understands they are rules of lessons for 11 year olds, not major movie stories. With tossing respect out the window for that, the movie becomes a manic search for understanding the trickery and cuteness of the plot that gee golly isn't told straightforward. Contrivance is everywhere and we need to hunt them out like little terrorist sects bleeding all over this world. Our Man Bush would have it no other way. On the other hand, anything Tears for Fear brought back high stereo in a movie is a nice return to the small things that were good in the 80s.

~rougerum

bonanzataz

Quote from: cowboykurtisthanks for the grammer lesson. i didn't know that slang wasn't allowed on posts. when's the Spelling B?

well, now that you mention it, it IS spelled grammar, and spelling and grammar are two ENTIRELY different things, my dear boy!

I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm such a dick sometimes.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

cowboykurtis

Quote from: bonanzataz
Quote from: cowboykurtisthanks for the grammer lesson. i didn't know that slang wasn't allowed on posts. when's the Spelling B?

well, now that you mention it, it IS spelled grammar, and spelling and grammar are two ENTIRELY different things, my dear boy!

I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm such a dick sometimes.

if only you were my english teacher, you could have saved me before i went to shit. i think you've found your calling. be proud. keep your head up and keep doing what you do best.

bonanzataz

depooter

Not that my opinion matters, but Donnie Darko is my favorite film since Magnolia. I absolutely love it. Been toying with the idea of a Richard Kelly site (he was very excited about it), but I just don't have the time :(