Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Started by jenkins, December 03, 2017, 05:47:53 PM

polkablues

Jesus Christ, that Photoshop work is egregious.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Alethia

Yeah, it's bad, but hopefully just a placeholder for better things to come. Have the ad campaigns for any of QT's films ever been notably beautiful though? I can only recall (without searching Google) rather unoffensive but still sorta standard-looking promos for most of his shit.

EDIT: just checked out the teaser posters for his last 4 films: all brilliant. WTF is up with this shit?

Robyn

The possibilities are endless, still they went for this generic looking shit? Of all the things they could have made, this is what they decided on? What's going on with Brad Pitt's face/hair?

Tarantino's movies has surprisingly bad posters in general. I guess the last great one was Death Proof?

Drenk

It's just a teaser poster, but for a movie that huge it's weird that they let an intern make it during his/her lunch break.
Ascension.

polkablues

https://twitter.com/EthanRunt/status/1107639996339634176

QuoteI can't believe the new Quentin Tarantino movie is a secret Netflix Adam Sandler flick!

My house, my rules, my coffee

Alethia

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!

Something Spanish

That's Once Upon a Time in...Hollywood, My Boy! The 9th film from Quentin Tarantino.

Robyn

You think his next film will be promoted as the "The LAST film from Quentin Tarantino"? I mean, he has been putting that "the -th" film on the posters since Kill Bill and hyped the "only 10 films" for years now.

It will be interesting to see what he believes to be a worthwhile swan song in his filmography. I could see him wanting to do a trilogy with either Kill Bill or a third western, but at the same time that would be kind of underwhelming imo. He'll probably make TV shows after he's done making movies and I would rather see a Kill Bill TV show at some point.

Drenk

He'll recognize that making underwhelming films late in your career is also the sign of a great filmaker.
Ascension.

Robyn

So The Vega Brothers starring John Travolta and Michael Madsen or Cowgirls in Sweden it is!

wilberfan

Man, that Hullaballoo shot is killer. 

Jeremy Blackman

Why does he have Ridley Scott operating a boom mic?

Alethia

Quote from: Robyn on March 19, 2019, 12:16:36 PM
You think his next film will be promoted as the "The LAST film from Quentin Tarantino"? I mean, he has been putting that "the -th" film on the posters since Kill Bill and hyped the "only 10 films" for years now. .

I really hope so, and then when he inevitably caves and makes an 11th, he can bill it on screen as The 2nd 1st Film From Quentin Tarantino

Reel

Quote from: eward on March 19, 2019, 06:48:44 PM
Quote from: Robyn on March 19, 2019, 12:16:36 PM
You think his next film will be promoted as the "The LAST film from Quentin Tarantino"? I mean, he has been putting that "the -th" film on the posters since Kill Bill and hyped the "only 10 films" for years now. .

I really hope so, and then when he inevitably caves and makes an 11th, he can bill it on screen as The 2nd 1st Film From Quentin Tarantino

What if he goes under a pseudonym as some hot new director and we don't find out until 20 years later?