The Office

Started by Redlum, September 19, 2003, 11:46:50 AM

Kal

Creed: "A lot of jazz cats are blind, but they can play piano like nobody's business. I'd like to put a piano in front of Pam and see what happens. [Pause] I'd also like to see her topless."

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: SiliasRuby on May 02, 2008, 08:09:39 PM
I really enjoyed the scene between Daryl and Michael about gangs.
Haha, this scene was hilarious. The whole damn episode was really good.

I just started watching a couple weeks ago but have been rampaging through the DVDs because I am fucking addicted. The show mostly gets better and better as it goes. After about four days I'm already at the point of the merger in Season 3.

SiliasRuby

Last night's episode got so tense I thought Pam was seriously going to punch out Michael at one point or at least curse him out.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Kal

"Eye candy"...

Andy and Kevin were great. Jim was good, and I also felt sorry for Pam. But that ending makes you wonder what will happen in the finale... it should be something big maybe involving Jim-Pam (wedding, new career) or Ryan (drugs, career failure).

Chest Rockwell

I'm pretty sure Jim will propose to Pam in the season finale, at the very least. Anyways, not a bad episode at all. It was nice to see Jim determined about something.

tpfkabi

i watched the Office for a while before knowing Creed was actually Creed more or less. apparently this was alluded to in a scene that didn't make the aired version, but is in the deleted scenes. anywho:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/action/article/7375/news/music/the_offices_creed_bratton_returns_to_his_rock_n_roll_roots

The Office's Creed Bratton returns to his rock 'n' roll roots
Writer: Christina Hansen
News, Published online on 06 May 2008
The Office's Creed Bratton has released a new self-titled album, alerting many fans of the actor's comedic work to his experience as a musician.

Bratton has been a regular fixture on The Office since the series' 2005 pilot. The actor often appeared in un-credited performances in the show's early days, perhaps because he has always played himself. Long before his cubicle days, though, Bratton was better known as a member of The Grass Roots.

The Grass Roots released their debut album, Where Were You When I Needed You, in 1966. The band members racked up one platinum album, two gold albums, 13 gold singles and almost 30 charting singles throughout their career, and have sold more than 20 millions records worldwide. The band disbanded in 1975, but member Rob Grill and a new roster of bandmates continue to perform under the band's name.

Bratton's latest solo album, his fourth, is described as a return to the musician's rock and roll roots. Bratton wrote seven of the album's 12 tracks, and also covers songs by Sloan-Barri and Bobby Darin. The album was recorded in Nashville with the aid of producer Jon Tiven, and is available now from several online music retailers.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on May 10, 2008, 12:18:28 PM
I'm pretty sure Jim will propose to Pam in the season finale, at the very least. Anyways, not a bad episode at all. It was nice to see Jim determined about something.
OK so I was only half-right.

The finale was really strong. Awkward but not achingly so, and plenty of good moments.

It looked like the actress who plays Angela had put on a little weight, which makes me think the scene at the very end is setting up for a pregnancy plot when it starts to show.

edison

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on May 17, 2008, 12:05:36 PM
Quote from: Chest Rockwell on May 10, 2008, 12:18:28 PM
OK so I was only half-right.

The finale was really strong. Awkward but not achingly so, and plenty of good moments.

It looked like the actress who plays Angela had put on a little weight, which makes me think the scene at the very end is setting up for a pregnancy plot when it starts to show.

She already had her baby; she was pregnant during filming.

Sleepless

Awesome finale. A really funny episode. Thought the whole Kevin being retarded was just going to be a throwaway joke, but I loved how they ran with it. The scene at the vending machine was incredible, the acting there was great when he just showed her his hand full of coins. One of the standalone funniest scenes in a while.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

tpfkabi

i thought the finale was great as well.
i thought the new gal was extremely funny. i loved it when she yoda'd with him. i'm wondering if him more or less rejecting her will make her pissed at him and basically get back to michael having a bad relationship with the HR next season.

interesting that the writers wrote two writer/actors out of the show - i'm guessing unless there is some twist for Toby and Ryan.

ponceludon

I liked this episode a lot, much much more than last week's. I don't like when Michael is needlessly mean (as he was to Pam and that high school student) because I think it's out of character. I think it works better when he just doesn't realize what he's saying because he has no filter or any self-awareness. I can totally understand his irrational hate for Toby, but being as awful as he was to Pam and that kid was just ridiculous.

The finale was so great though. They set up SO many interesting things for the next season that I'm really looking forward to watching play out. And Phyllis has become one of my favorite characters.

SiliasRuby

One of the best finales of all of the TV series these days.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Sleepless

Quote from: bigideas on May 18, 2008, 08:48:56 PM
interesting that the writers wrote two writer/actors out of the show - i'm guessing unless there is some twist for Toby and Ryan.

I'm thinking that with the extended next season and the spin-off they probably decided it'd make more sense to be full-time writers without having to spend time acting too.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Sleepless on May 21, 2008, 09:13:00 PM
Quote from: bigideas on May 18, 2008, 08:48:56 PM

I'm thinking that with the extended next season and the spin-off they probably decided it'd make more sense to be full-time writers without having to spend time acting too.

i found this on wiki.
is there any newer information on the spin-off?

Future
NBC ordered a fifth season consisting of 28 half-hour segments on April 10, 2008.[62] NBC also announced that Greg Daniels and the producers will be creating a spin-off series to air after NBC Super Bowl coverage in early 2009. NBC said the spin-off will take audiences on "another comic journey, complete with new faces and new locations, but with the same unique sense of humor and brand of quality from Daniels and his creative team. It's the next chapter of what viewers have come to know and love about 'The Office'".

Gamblour.

Kevin being retarded is probably the funniest thing this series has offered. So hilarious. I liked the finale, but i'm kinda of tired of the show just mixing and matching couples.
WWPTAD?