Veronica Mars - 1st Season Really Good, Deserved To Be Watched

Started by modage, March 15, 2006, 11:39:39 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on March 15, 2006, 11:39:39 PM

this is a really good show.
i just found out this show has an incest subplot.

that explains a lot.
under the paving stones.

tpfkabi

did i mess up by watching the finale last night? i've been trying to watch some episodes, didn't know i was watching the ending/reveal.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Kal

Quote from: bigideas on September 13, 2006, 10:30:52 PM
did i mess up by watching the finale last night? i've been trying to watch some episodes, didn't know i was watching the ending/reveal.

well if you are planning to watch the rest of the season now... yes you messed up :)

the finale solves all the mysteries... and there are many!

SiliasRuby

*Spoiler Kinda*
Just finished season 2 last night and I have to say this is steve guttenburg at his most disturbing and sick. Mod, how far are they into the 3rd season. Hopefully not too bad that I can't catch up
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

tpfkabi

i'm pretty sure there have been at least two new episodes so far

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

CW picks up 'Mars
Net orders only 20 'Veronica' episodes this season

HOLLYWOOD -- There'll be a little bit less "Veronica Mars" on the CW.

Net has decided to order just 20 episodes of "Mars" this season vs. the standard 22 episodes for returning skeins. Decision was handed down late Thursday and confirmed Friday by the network.

CW only committed to 13 episodes of "Mars" last May when the net set its first-ever fall schedule. Its decision to add seven episodes to that order means the skein will live on -- but that prospects for a fourth season remain hazy if ratings don't pick up in the second half of the season.

Despite having a new and improved lead-in from ex-WB skein "Gilmore Girls," "Mars" has done little to improve its ratings this season, growing a scant 5% among the CW-friendly women 18-34 aud.

A fourth season of "Mars" is critical to producer Warner Bros. TV, since the studio needs to wrap a critical mass of episodes to ensure any sort of life for the show in syndication.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

A Matter Of Chance

uhhh. is it bad that i watch this because i think veronica mars is the nards?

polkablues

Quote from: A Matter Of Chance on November 24, 2006, 07:17:03 PM
uhhh. is it bad that i watch this because i think veronica mars is the nards?

I don't actually know what that means, but I feel safe in saying yes.  Yes, that is bad.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Exclusive! Veronica Canceled
Source: E!Online

The day we've all dreaded has come, tubers.

With actual tears in my eyes, I must tell you that I've heard from several solid sources that the CW has decided not to bring Veronica Mars back for a fourth season.

Though official word has not yet come down from the network, I did hear from creator Rob Thomas earlier this week, who told me things weren't looking good: "I've never been less certain of our fate. I'm afraid I've gone from cautiously optimistic to something less than that."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

DAMMIT!  I'm too late.  I just rented Season 1 disc 1 a couple of days ago and got hooked on the show.

modage

well it was good while it lasted.  well, actually it was good for 2 of the 3 seasons that it lasted so this is probably for the best.  still sad though.  kristen bell and jennifer garner need to revive their post-tv show careers together.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

Her nickname isn't Wrongda for nothing.  She's notorious for getting things wrong and jumping the gun.  A modified statement, thankfully:

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/blog/index.jsp?uuid=75a31622-f0e6-4166-be21-798de6671716

So, I'd say a 33% chance it's getting axed.  For me, I think it would be great to see a retooling of a show that's become a bit stale even in spite of its earlier fits of excellence.  Flash forwarding to the future might be just what the show needs considering this year they've found it hard to properly incorporate all principal characters.  Save Keith, Veronica, and Logan (and by extension Dick), and maybe Wallace, Mac, and Weevil, and shuffle everyone else in and out.  See Veronica and Logan married (or divorced).  Weevil's continued struggles to "do the right thing."  Wallace as more than just a face in the crowd.  It could work.

Kal

This really sucks... its really a smart, entertaining and original show... Rob Thomas said a while before that he was considering making some changes in the format, making episodes more standalone episodes like CSI instead of 8-12 episode arcs.

We'll see if they have a chance to come back... it would be a shame if it doesnt because the CW are fucking up big time... I mean its all about the ratings... and stupid people in this country make Pussycat Dolls and some other stupid shows have more ratings than VM and Lost... so what can we do

tpfkabi

i thought i read somewhere - when i was trying to find out why it wasn't airing - that the Pussycat Dolls show was an 8 week thing and when that was over there would be a handful of episodes all with stand alone stories.

Idol is effing a lot of things up i think. all the shows i watch seem to either be temporarily off or airing reruns. Idol is my guess, although maybe this is the normal thing...idk.