sexiest songs

Started by Ernie, August 14, 2003, 09:05:12 PM

Ernie

The sexiest songs ever are Rosemary Clooney's "Mambo Italiano" and Elvis Presley's "Fever". Download them and tell me I am wrong. I'm serious, I am convinced that "Fever" could turn the straightest guy ever gay...I can only listen to it in certain moods.

SoNowThen

get the original version of fever, with the chick singing...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Ernie

Oh, are you serious!??? Oh my god man, do you know the artist!? That sounds too good to be true...holy shit.

Sleuth

Portishead -
oh, basically anything by Portishead
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Quote from: SoNowThenget the original version of fever, with the chick singing...

Peggy Lee.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ernie

Yea, they're pretty cool tremo. What was the name of that song they had on The Craft's soundtrack??? That was a fucking cool song. That movie has a great soundtrack.

The Cars (like Portishead) are another band that have this great sexuality to their singing moreso than their writing. Download "Magic" and "Lust for Kicks", you'll see what I mean. In the former, the guy sings EVERY...SINGLE...NOTE, he doesn't just fuck around ONCE, he freaking SINGS that song, trust me...download that one. He's amazing in that.

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: SoNowThenget the original version of fever, with the chick singing...

Peggy Lee.

Wow, you do music too? Thanks Mac.

Sleuth

Quote from: ebeamanYea, they're pretty cool tremo. What was the name of that song they had on The Craft's soundtrack??? That was a fucking cool song. That movie has a great soundtrack.

I didn't know they were in there, but imdb says the song is Scorn
I like to hug dogs

Ernie

Right! "Scorn", I remember that...you should download that man. You ever heard "Nobody Loves Me"??? I think that's cool.

Just downloaded the Peggy Lee "Fever"...I didn't like it that much...it's too fast and it lacks the passion Elvis sang it with. She sounds like she's just kinda getting it over with. Elvis took his sweet time and really figured out how every note should sound it seems.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ebeamanJust downloaded the Peggy Lee "Fever"...I didn't like it that much...it's too fast and it lacks the passion Elvis sang it with. She sounds like she's just kinda getting it over with. Elvis took his sweet time and really figured out how every note should sound it seems.

You sure it wasn't the crappy Madonna version?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ernie

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: ebeamanJust downloaded the Peggy Lee "Fever"...I didn't like it that much...it's too fast and it lacks the passion Elvis sang it with. She sounds like she's just kinda getting it over with. Elvis took his sweet time and really figured out how every note should sound it seems.

You sure it wasn't the crappy Madonna version?

Uh huh, I had no idea Madonna did it too. I'm gonna download that too for the hell of it, she's a cool gal.

We need to mention "Like a Virgin" at least once here.

Sleuth

Quote from: ebeamanRight! "Scorn", I remember that...you should download that man. You ever heard "Nobody Loves Me"??? I think that's cool.

Well, I've seen The Craft, I just don't remember hearing that song.  I have both LPs so I have definitely heard "Nobody Loves Me" (it's actually called Sour Times)

the live version rules
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

"i wanna sex you up"....by......color me bad :kiss:

seriously though.........aIR IS a GOOD CHOICE

Ghostboy

The live Portishead album is my favorite of theirs. All of their music is very sexy and...moodsetting.

This girl I knew once told me that Closer from NIN made her feel
sexy. So that song is sexy by association.

But for me, number one sexy song of all time...Crimson And Clover by Tommy James and the Shondells.

aclockworkjj

"Ai Du"-Ali Farka Toure w/ Ry Cooder

Gamblour.

Quote from: GhostboyThe live Portishead album is my favorite of theirs. All of their music is very sexy and...moodsetting.

Portishead kicks ass, I love "Strangers." I've got that on a CD with some Tori Amos (yeah, that's right) and the "Die Mother Fuckers, Still" Office Space song. Great to ride around to. Oh, and a bunch of 311 and Radiohead. Great CD.
WWPTAD?