Mac-first time

Started by majusculepouf, September 23, 2003, 01:46:01 PM

majusculepouf

I'm not using computer for building my movie materials. I use old machine tole. I'm doing greet with it, and I can't perform without this(computer). But  I think computer can be of greet help!

Were do I start? Find program! Buy a convertor! Were will be better to play  or pratice and learn fast an easy?

Sorry for my grammatical error, I write with a dictionnary. :oops:

Yeah! I work with a Mac.[/b]

Ghostboy

Hey, nice job for translating with a dictionary. If you're already working with a Mac -- and I'm assuming this is a circa-G4 Mac or later -- all you need is Final Cut Pro (or even iMovie), a firewire cable, a miniDV camera or something to plug that firewire into, and you're ready to go.

Cecil

ghostboy doesnt know shit. heres my webpage, full of great details

Link

majusculepouf

Quote from: Cecilghostboy doesnt know shit. heres my webpage, full of great details

Thanks yours site is good and well explain.

What's is Firewire cable?

I no that I will need an adapter to plug in vhs, s-vhs or even hi-8 camera. I'm not sure but I need to buy something to put in my computer, just to be able to do some recording?

Sorry for my misunderstanding of computer I always work with the basic things.
M.Pouf.
:?

majusculepouf

Quote from: LinkLOL, Cecil!!!

What is LOL. Is it polit! :?:

mutinyco

Just go here. This should answer all your questions.

http://www.apple.com/
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

aclockworkjj

ok...here goes..

LOL= laugh out loud....(he is laughing, cause Cecil posted Ghostboy's website address...so, it's actually Ghostboy's site you were looking at.  Thus being funny)

Firewire= a cable that connects the camera to the computer.  Looks like this.

To transfer VHS, or other analog tape.  You need something like this.

hope this helps

majusculepouf

Merci beaucoup, to you all

Now I'm strating to buit I new computer.
:roll:

Recce

Quote from: aclockworkjjok...here goes..

LOL= laugh out loud....(he is laughing, cause Cecil posted Ghostboy's website address...so, it's actually Ghostboy's site you were looking at.  Thus being funny)

Firewire= a cable that connects the camera to the computer.  Looks like this.

To transfer VHS, or other analog tape.  You need something like this.

hope this helps

You don't need no stinking analog capture card. NO, YOU'RE ANALOG! If you have a digital camera, a la Mini DV, Digital 8, etc. and it has a cable to connect to your VCR (which they all do, I think, they should), then you can capture analog footage. Simply connect the red, white and yellow cables supplied with your camera and connect them to your VCR's output. Then, simply connect your digital camera to your computer via firewire. Turn you camera to VTR and play the tape from your VCR. The signal is transmitted from your VCR, into your camera, converted to a digital signal and sent into your computer. You can capture it the same as if you were capturing off the tape from your camera. It also works with a DVD. I know what you're all thinking: 'but don't DVDs scramble the signal when you try to record them?' I thought the same way, once. But, one lonely saturday night, I was playing aroung with my camera and discovered that doing it that way allows you to capture DVD footage.

P.S. Analog is the term used for footage that is not digital (i.e. composed of 1's and 0's). This comes from a TV signal, a VHS tape, a Video 8 or Hi 8 tape. I think that's everything.

FUN FACTS: A mini dv camera may be cooler and sexier and just plain drool, but a digital 8 camera allows you to play and record, as well as capture from, digital 8, hi 8 and video 8 tapes.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

aclockworkjj

Quote from: RecceNO, YOU'RE ANALOG!
I guess so, but for the sake of him learning, spending $60 on something like that is a lot less of a headache than jeery-rigging everything.

Recce

JEERY RIGGING KICKS ASS!!!
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

aclockworkjj

Quote from: RecceJEERY RIGGING KICKS ASS!!!
haha...not saying it doesn't, but the kid hardly speaks english...I know exactly what you meant, but I bet he is lost as can be.

MacGuffin

Keep thinking this thread is about me losing my virginity. I'll let you know when it happens and post the story here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cecil

oh, so last night didnt "happen" to you?