Re: The Sin Cinema Awards: And The Winner Is...

Started by 1976, October 12, 2003, 07:54:07 AM

Best Portrayal of Pure Evil Personified: Ralph Fiennes in "Schindler's List"

Coolest Weapon: The Cock&Balls Gun seen in "Desperados" and used in "From Dusk Till Dawn"

Greatest Use Of Profanity: Robin Williams in "Death To Smoochy"

Illest Death Exit: William H. Macy in "Boogie Nights" (the smile on his face does it.)

Most Erotic Scene Not Involving Sex: The scene in "Blade" where Wesley Snipes is sucking blood from the woman's neck to regain strength. It looks like they're f#ckin...but they're not. Brilliant.

Holden Pike

EVIL: John Huston as Noah Cross (Chinatown)

WEAPON: The Doomsday Device, Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

PROFANITY: Steve Martin's weary traveler trying to get another rental car in Planes, Trains & Automobiles

DEATH: Wheezy Joe, Intolerable Cruelty

EROTIC: the buxom temptress with soap, washing her car in Cool Hand Luke
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream, it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film."
- Frank Capra

rustinglass

evil:paul and peter in funny games.
weapon: gimli's axe
profanity: "how should we fuck off, oh lord?"
death: john merrick
erotic: claire danes skating in it's all about love.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

MacGuffin

Best Portrayal of Pure Evil Personified: Linda Blair as The Devil in "The Exorcist"

Coolest Weapon: Darth Maul's Double-Sided Lightsaber - "Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phanthom Menace"

Greatest Use Of Profanity: Gny. Sgt. Hartman - "Full Metal Jacket"

Illest Death Exit: Marion Crane - "Psycho"

Most Erotic Scene Not Involving Sex: Crash painting Annie's toenails in "Bull Durham"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

markums2k

Finn

Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Best Portrayal of Pure Evil Personified: Skeksis from the Dark Crystal

Coolest Weapon: Those little biting animals on sticks in Labyrinth

Greatest Use Of Profanity: "Fuck!  How did you two fucking fucks FUCK!?" Boondock Saints

Illest Death Exit: When Lucy Liu chopped that guy's head off in Kill Bill

Most Erotic Scene Not Involving Sex: Showing Uma Thurman's feet before we actually see her in Pulp Fiction
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

***beady***

Humm, do you have a foot fetish? I must admit, her feet are nice, but erotic? Must be a man thing...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: ***beady***Humm, do you have a foot fetish? I must admit, her feet are nice, but erotic? Must be a man thing...

No no, I wasn't aroused.  But see they had this whole talk about feet and foot massages and how they're intimate and then they just show you her feet when you first see her.

(Other than her lips by the microphone when she's talking to Vincnet when he first gets in)

Does that make sense?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ghostboy

Best Portrayal of Pure Evil Personified: Robert Mitchum in 'Night Of The Hunter.'

Coolest Weapon: if by cool you mean 'couldn't be a cooler choice for that particular moment,' then the samurai sword in Pulp Fiction.

Greatest Use Of Profanity: Julianne Moore in Magnolia.

Illest Death Exit: I hate being so 'in the moment,' but I loved GoGo's death in Kill Bill.

Most Erotic Scene Not Involving Sex: You know, misgivings about the movie aside, the illustration scene in Titanic is still pretty erotic.

pookiethecat

Best Portrayal of Pure Evil Personified: Annette Bening in Valmont (maybe? this seems like it should be the easiest one, but i can't think of too many examples for some reason).  

Coolest Weapon: the little meat-poker-thingy in A Perfect Murder.

Greatest Use Of Profanity: "How exactly does one suck a fuck?" in Donnie Darko.  

Illest Death Exit: Alice Munro jumping off the cliff in Last of the Mohicans.  Stellan Skarsgaard in Deep Blue Sea.  

Most Erotic Scene Not Involving Sex: The wet dream/masturbation  (both implied) sequence of Fucking Amal.  Or to name a movie more wellknown, I like the scene in Last of the Mohicans in which Daniel Day Lewis and Madeleine Stowe are eyeing each other at the fort.  Great lighting, music, and overall tone in that scene.
i wanna lick 'em.

ShanghaiOrange

Best Portrayal of Pure Evil Personified: Darth Vader, Jack Lint, Karl Mundt, John Doe from Seven, Hannibal Lector

Coolest Weapon: the concealed derringer in Taxi Driver, lightsabers, Ash's chainsaw arm, the knife in Alex's cane in A Clockwork Orange, the pulse rifles in "Aliens"

Greatest Use Of Profanity: All of The Big Lebowski, Marsellus Wallace's "Motherfucker!" upon seeing Bruce Willis, "But their commanders won't allow them to write 'FUCK' on their airplanes because - it's obscene!" from Apocalyse Now, "Frankly my dear, I don't give fuck!" from Gone With the Wind, "Fuck" at the end of Eyes Wide Shut, "Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker!", "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"

Illest Death Exit: Travis Bickle, Rutger Hauer in Blade Runner, Steve Buscemi in any Coen movie especially Fargo, Hartman in Full Metal Jacket

Most Erotic Scene Not Involving Sex: Marilyn Monroe in anything, anytime ever :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Alethia

Best Portrayal of Pure Evil Personified: sue lyons in lolita (hehe)

Coolest Weapon: the whip of indiana jones

Greatest Use Of Profanity: shep proufoot (sp?) in Fargo, when he beats the shit out of steve buscemi with a belt ("fuckin little weasel!")  great

Illest Death Exit: marlon brando in apocalypse now

Most Erotic Scene Not Involving Sex: can't decide

Jeremy Blackman

Best Portrayal of Pure Evil Personified: Vincent d'Onofrio in The Cell

Coolest Weapon: a grape in Iron Monkey

Greatest Use Of Profanity: Boogie Nights - Scotty in the "idiot" scene

Illest Death Exit: Alien 3

Most Erotic Scene Not Involving Sex: Girl on the Bridge - the scene toward in the end in the railroad car

pookiethecat

Quote from: mogwaibest portrayal of pure evil personified: laurence olivier "marathon man"

the final climactic scenes in new york city, in which zell is confronted by holocaust survivors is fucking brilliant.  olivier is truly frightful in that film.   an apt and original choice.  thumbs up, mogwai.
i wanna lick 'em.