The Matrix: Resurrections

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 21, 2019, 12:50:11 PM

Drenk

Spoiler: ShowHide
It's interesting that Morpheus 2.0 is actually programmed as a mix between Morpheus and Agent Smith.  :yabbse-grin:
Ascension.

Robyn

Is it insane to think that Trinity was the one all along, and that Neo, like, remembered it wrong when he wrote the game?

Drenk

I think you're misunderstanding this aspect of the movie: the events in the Matrix happened the way they are shown in the game/movie clips. They're simply using the narrative of the game as text in the Matrix to neutralize its emancipating powers and torture Neo with new layers of dissociation. "The One" as a myth is the story of Reloaded/Revolutions.

The message of the romance here is: "THEY're the One."
Ascension.

WorldForgot

I think you have to basically always include Smith into the equation, per the lore once Reloaded has happened. If you only take the first film; perhaps?

Drenk

Yes, but I don't understand why The Analyst brings back Smith into the equation? They made peace with the humans to stop that guy, no wonder he'll show up from nowhere to shoot you! 
Ascension.

Robyn

Quote from: Drenk on December 29, 2021, 03:09:45 PM
I think you're misunderstanding this aspect of the movie: the events in the Matrix happened the way they are shown in the game/movie clips. They're simply using the narrative of the game as text in the Matrix to neutralize its emancipating powers and torture Neo with new layers of dissociation. "The One" as a myth is the story of Reloaded/Revolutions.

The message of the romance here is: "THEY're the One."

Okay, yeah, I was thinking  that rewatching it.

I barely remember Reloaded/Revolutions, so I should probably rewatch them... I still think
there's more stuff to explore with that