Curb Your Enthusiasm

Started by Banky, October 06, 2003, 04:47:13 PM

squints

Quote from: Stefen on October 29, 2007, 10:36:50 AM
This season just keeps getting better and better.

Quote from: Stefen on November 06, 2007, 09:30:08 AM
This season has just been downhill for me.

What is wrong with you?

Are you high on jenkem or something?

or...

How many different people use your account?

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Kal

lol

this past episode was excellent. he goes too far, but the whole new larry thing was one of the funniest things. "the larry that hated your sister"...

squints

the best part of the latest episode was funkhauser talking about his father in law with Alzheimer's:

He runs around the house naked all day playing tag with himself
Every time he farts he calls the fire department
He screams at the cat for not voting
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pubrick

Quote from: squints on November 08, 2007, 11:42:39 PM
He runs around the house naked all day playing tag with himself
Every time he farts he calls the fire department
He screams at the cat for not voting

i havn't seen the episode, but that shit had me in stitches.
under the paving stones.

pumba

How awesome was the season finale? I trust Larry Charles with anything, shit.

diggler

spoilers:

vivaca fox telling off suzy at the end was probably my favorite moment of the entire season. cheryl would've just stood in the corner quietly embarassed as usual.   that moment they had in the season premiere where she put out her cigarette in the penis cake was the only intimate moment they shared the entire season, and in hindsight almost seems like a tender memory.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Kal

It was a great ending... I was thinking a few days ago how little impact the Vivica Fox character had in comparison to others this season, and this was the perfect ending for it. I cant wait until the next season... hopefully sooner than 2009.

hedwig

wow. without a doubt the best episode of the season. that was amazing. i was gonna list the highlights but there are just way too many. the ending was PERFECT, even for the entire series, but i'm still very very glad LD is doing another season.

"we'll get lunch together... everyday!! everyday!!"

cine

that was fucking CRAZY.

what an exciting ending to the season.

Stefen

It was a good last episode. The season was still a disappointment. If they make another season, I won't be pissed.

But still, Curb: It's no 30 Rock.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

hedwig

SIXTH SEASON ON DVD: January 29, 2008

Ravi

Season six on DVD this Tuesday.

Ravi

SPOILERS...

Quote from: pete on November 06, 2007, 02:02:31 AM
I still like the show, but it's less brilliant than before now.  I dunno, something's happened this year - the developing story is not as interesting, the scenerios seem more contrived/ convenient, and the whole thing is just less convincing.  too much a leads to b leads to c these days.

I just finished watching season 6 and I agree with you, pete.  There were funny moments and subplots, but those subplots were often accompanied by other, more contrived, and often predictable, subplots.  Larry became more of a caricature of himself this season.  The Blacks weren't fleshed out well or used all that interestingly, until the season finale.  The mugging plot felt like something out of a mediocre sitcom.   The episodes were funny but uneven, sort of like the last two seasons of Seinfeld.  I bet David Mandel, Alec Berg, and Jeff Schaeffer are partly to blame, though ultimately it is Larry David's show.  If he does another season I hope it is the last.

Cheryl leaving Larry was sad.  It was the first serious moment on the show, like Susan's death on Seinfeld.  We're not used to drama on this show so we're not sure how to react.  I hated seeing Cheryl with that other guy.  At least he wasn't characterized as an asshole, which would have made it easier to hate him.  He seemed like a nice enough guy.  But still I was rooting for Larry.  The ending with Vivica Fox!  That came out of left field.  Loretta jumping to Larry's defense when Susie chewed him out was great.

Bethie

Today at work a customer came to me and complained that one of my employees was in the handicap bathroom and she was upset b/c her friend is in a wheelchair and had to use the bathroom. I wanted to say soooooooo bad "you wait. YOU WAIT"

Quote from: Ravi on June 02, 2008, 03:51:36 AM
SPOILERS...

Cheryl leaving Larry was sad.  It was the first serious moment on the show, like Susan's death on Seinfeld.  We're not used to drama on this show so we're not sure how to react.  I hated seeing Cheryl with that other guy.  At least he wasn't characterized as an asshole, which would have made it easier to hate him.  He seemed like a nice enough guy.  But still I was rooting for Larry.  The ending with Vivica Fox!  That came out of left field.  Loretta jumping to Larry's defense when Susie chewed him out was great.

I hated seeing Cheryl with the other guy too. Then I started to dislike HER. ha, ditto on the ending.
who likes movies anyway

hedwig

fuck cheryl.

season 6 is underrated.