I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

ono

I heard there was supposed to be an Adaptation. SE so I didn't buy the first one.  Have those plans changed or something?

Lucinda Bryte

It was four bucks at Walgreens.

Finn

JFK: 2 Disc Special Edition DVD
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I have 49 DVD's.  Can someone suggest to me what to make it big for my 50th?  Keep it in a low price range, too....as much as I'd like to go out and buy a Criterion, I'm look at a price range of highest I'd pay is $30. (And I get ripped out here, most are $39.99)
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cine

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobI have 49 DVD's.  Can someone suggest to me what to make it big for my 50th?  Keep it in a low price range, too....as much as I'd like to go out and buy a Criterion, I'm look at a price range of highest I'd pay is $30. (And I get ripped out here, most are $39.99)
What do you have?

Fernando

R4 from these ones.

Mulholland Dr. has interviews and behind the scenes,  :-D . The name in spanish sucks, the translation would be Dreams, Mysteries and Secrets.

NEON MERCURY

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...great choices.....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

its nice to see people spend their money wisely.....

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Got those...my list isn't a lot, but i'd have to get them and type them up, just list your recommendations...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

USE THIS: http://www.dvdaficionado.com

its easy, and there's little pictures.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

Is Gerry worth buying, MacG? I never got a chance to see it.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Finn

Is Naked Lunch worth buying for that matter?
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

MacGuffin

Quote from: godardianIs Gerry worth buying, MacG? I never got a chance to see it.

Haven't seen it yet. Just got it today on a blind buy, but it was budgie recommended. Thought it was gonna have a commentary track; turns out it doesn't.

Quote from: SydneyIs Naked Lunch worth buying for that matter?

Well, I'm a Cronenberg fan, so I really liked it. Haven't see it in a while though. And it does have some pretty great extras (which I haven't through yet). I'll give a better review when I get through everything.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

MAC......

IS THE JFK THE SAME AS THE OLIVE STONES COLLECTION 2-DIskER.....

any diff?

MacGuffin

Quote from: NEON MERCURYMAC......

IS THE JFK THE SAME AS THE OLIVE STONES COLLECTION 2-DIskER.....

any diff?

All the extras are the same, except for a new 90 minute documentary: "Beyond JFK: The Question of Conspiracy." Plus the packaging is different. It's in a slip cover, instead of the snapper case that held the second disc in a sleeve.

Skeleton FilmWorks