Eraserhead DVD

Started by cowboykurtis, March 09, 2003, 04:03:40 PM

bonanzataz

see this movie. just. see this fucking movie in the theater. don't be an idiot. if you're mildly considering it, go. it's the only lynch movie i haven't seen in the theater and i hate that, b/c it's the only one i really ought to have seen in the theater. go. go now. who gives a shit about your dumb fuck friend. see this movie on a new 35mm print even if it kills you. stop reading this post and go.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

tpfkabi

Quote from: squints on October 28, 2007, 11:25:28 PM
Quote from: bigideas on October 28, 2007, 10:52:17 PM
more experimental

I think your friend might find it a little intense if you're hardening him up with wes anderson movies.

It's not exactly like that, Wes Anderson is just the most "arty" of films I know that he likes, but I could see him looking at me throughout the film going, 'wtf?'

The other part of the equation is that I don't know the city that well and especially hate walking around big cities at night, especially alone. It will also piss me off if i have to pay $8 just to park somewhere.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

bonanzataz

you're absolutely hopeless.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

tpfkabi

squints

Quote from: bigideas on October 29, 2007, 02:55:10 PM
Quote from: bonanzataz on October 29, 2007, 01:57:14 PM

expound.

Quote from: bonanzataz on October 29, 2007, 02:42:13 AM
see this movie. just. see this fucking movie in the theater.

don't be an idiot. say you go and you get lost on the way there, your friend doesn't like the movie, and you get mugged walking out of the theater....you're still going to be happy because you just saw Eraserhead on a big fucking screen.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

tpfkabi

Quote from: squints on October 29, 2007, 09:08:04 PM
Quote from: bigideas on October 29, 2007, 02:55:10 PM
Quote from: bonanzataz on October 29, 2007, 01:57:14 PM

expound.

Quote from: bonanzataz on October 29, 2007, 02:42:13 AM
see this movie. just. see this fucking movie in the theater.

don't be an idiot. say you go and you get lost on the way there, your friend doesn't like the movie, and you get mugged walking out of the theater....you're still going to be happy because you just saw Eraserhead on a big fucking screen.

hardy har har...
people barking like dogs and such...

Sleepless

I'm debating whether to go too. I just moved to Dallas from the UK, so I'm not very familiar with the area myself. Very tempting though... :ponder:
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Ravi

I live in Dallas and I'm going this Friday.  Decision made, bitches.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Ravi on October 31, 2007, 06:16:20 PM
I live in Dallas and I'm going this Friday.  Decision made, bitches.

have you been to any of the Inwood Midnight showings?
I wonder if they're popular enough that if you don't get there early you won't get in.

Ravi

I've been to four or five Inwood midnight movies.  I don't think they've ever been sold out, but you never know.  The most filled I've seen the theater at a midnight movie was at The Big Lebowski.

tpfkabi

i don't see the necessity of a seperate Dallas/Inwood thread, but they just updated their site for the midnight screenings through the end of the year and there are some good ones with words in the title like: boogie, blade, and the ugly, etc...

http://landmarktheaters.com/Market/Dallas/Dallas_Frameset.htm

(click the little dropdown)

WorldForgot

A visual comparison -- Spoilerz for both ERASERHEAD ('77) and BUFFALO '66 ('98)

DOMESTICDOUBLEZ: ShowHide