Favourite commentaries

Started by phil marlowe, January 29, 2003, 12:57:07 PM

Ernie

I love PTA's Boogie Nights one as cliche as it sounds. It's the best commentary I've ever heard by one person alone. I love hearing all the influences and references and funny stories. Those are what commentaries are all about, that's the way they should all be.

Kevin Smith's are all great. I could listen to him and Affleck all day. They are perfect together, so damn funny.

Cameron Crowe and his mom's Almost Famous Untitled one is pretty great. It's always great to hear a commentary of such a personal film.

David Gordon Green and Paul Schneider's George Washington commentary is one of the best ones of recent. They seem like two really cool guys, definitely talented too.

There aren't too many others that I can really think of. Wes Anderson's Tenenbaums one is cool. I need to listen to more. I've been checking out your guy's picks.

THC

Quote from: XixaxI really enjoyed Richard Kelly's Donnie Darko commentary.

It was full of great things of interest to wannabe filmmakers regarding how he set up certain shots and techniques he used. More importantly, it explained the movie in greater detail. After the commentary, the movie becomes much, much clearer.

Although I respect your opinion, I have to disagree.  I hated the Donnie Darko commentary and it ended up making me hate the movie.  Richard Kelly was o.k. but Jake Gyllenhaal ruined the whole thing with his stupid inmature comments.  I had some respect for the guy as an actor after the movie was over, but after actually hearing him speak, I think he is a moron.

maybe it's just me.
"Come on Bart, we're going to see an R rated movie.  It's called Barton Fink."

Cecil

Quote from: THC
maybe it's just me.

maybe. i thought jake was really funny and that the commentary was great. oh well, to each his own.

bonanzataz

No, THC. Totally agreed.

And isn't it spelled "favorite?"

Stupid Europeans.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

phil marlowe

Quote from: bonanzatazStupid Europeans.

:cry:

sphinx

Quote from: bonanzatazNo, THC. Totally agreed.

And isn't it spelled "favorite?"

Stupid Europeans.

canadians spell it that way too.  be careful who you call stupid, stupid

:yabbse-thumbup: favourite
:yabbse-thumbup: neighbour
:yabbse-thumbup: colour

Sigur Rós

Quote from: bonanzatazStupid Europeans.

Don't say that :(

phil marlowe

Canadians are cool. Europeans are cool but only because they want to spell the same way as the canadians wich are cool. That's not so hard to see is it?

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Phil MarloweEuropeans are cool

not the french

:wink:

Sigur Rós

Will i get banned if i say Saddam is cool?? I'm not saying he is....btw PTA should make a erotic film about "the sensitive lover Saddam Hussein" starring Tom Hanks as Mr. Saddam and Bush as his bitch!

Cecil

Quote from: Duck Sauce
not the french
:wink:

only the parasiens (sp?) are snobby.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: cecil b. demented
only the parasiens (sp?) are snobby.

The french are in general fuc%£¤ing arrogant. Look at Mr. Chirac but lets not get into politics :) ....Do we have any french people on this messageboard??....I mean we have 2 users from Denmark (respectively the Smokin' Guy and I)

SHAFTR

Mallrats has a hilarious commentary track.

I also enjoy the Trivia Tracks for Pulp Fiction & Jackie Brown, if that counts.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: sphinx
:yabbse-thumbup: favourite
:yabbse-thumbup: neighbour
:yabbse-thumbup: colour

"whilst" ?

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls