Cary Fukunaga

Started by wilder, April 29, 2014, 07:54:20 AM

wilder

'True Detective' Helmer Cary Fukunaga Teams With John Legend For Pulitzer Winner 'The Black Count'
via Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: On fire since the success of HBO's True Detective this year, director Cary Fukunaga has lined up his next project I've learned. Teaming with John Legend and his Get Lifted Film Co. partner Mike Jackson, Fukunaga will adapt and helm a big-screen version of The Black Count: Glory, Revolution, Betrayal, And The Real Count of Monte Cristo for Sony. Get Lifted have optioned the Pulitzer-winning 2012 biography written by Tom Reiss that chronicles the life and adventures of French Revolution-era General Thomas-Alexandre Dumas. Jackson and Ty Stiklorius will produce the pic with Fukunaga's Parliament of Owls. Legend, his manager Troy Carter and Sony's Josh Bratman will serve as executive producers. "Cary's exceptional talent as a writer/director will bring to life all of the action and drama that have made The Black Count such a compelling read," Michael De Luca, who is overseeing the pic for Sony told me today. "He's got a great take on the material and we're thrilled to be working with him, John, Thais, Troy and Mike," added the Columbia Pictures President of Production.

Born to a French nobleman and a slave woman of African descent, Dumas became the highest-ranking person of color to ever serve in any European army. A favorite of Napoleon for a time, Dumas was also the first non-white to become a brigadier general in the French military. Dumas' exploits were used as the basis for the novels of his son Alexandre Dumas. Better known today than his father, the younger Dumas wrote The Three Musketeers and The Count Of Monte Cristo.

Fukunaga, Get Lifted and Reiss are all repped by WME, with the director also with Anonymous Content and attorneys Michael Adler and Melissa Rogal. Get Lifted's legal representative is Nina Shaw. Fukunaga goes into production next month in Ghana with star Idris Elba on Beasts of No Nation, an adaptation of Uzodinma Iweala's bestselling novel.

OpO1832

Bummer this was looking to be an anticipated project, now I don't care anymore. I still look forward to the Alienist, which I hope he shoots on film stock like True Detective, I was given the books (The Alienist and Angel of Darkness )by Caleb Carr last summer and then during the summer true detective played itself out, caught out on like a wildfire and then Carey F. became a in demand director and he swept up The Alienist and It and I was pretty excited.

Did anyone see the movie he did that streamed on netfllix about child soldiers ?

Sleepless

CF > DB. He knows what this job is. Gotta believe the only reason he's doing this is to put those "CF is difficult" rumors to rest.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

WorldForgot

Sources Say Cary Fukunaga 'Abused His Power' To Pursue Young Women on Set

QuoteActress Rachelle Vinberg claimed earlier this month in a lengthy Instagram story that she was diagnosed with PTSD from her friendship that eventually turned sexual with Fukunaga, whom she met in 2016 on a Samsung-commercial set the day after she turned 18. "I spent years being scared of him," Vinberg wrote on Instagram. "Mans is a groomer and has been doing this shit for years. Beware women."

"When I thought about him, I just wanted to vomit," one young woman who dated Fukunaga for a few months after meeting him on the set of one of his productions tells Rolling Stone. "I remember feeling so good to be away from him, like this heavy weight on my shoulder was lifted and [I could] breathe again. He made me feel so claustrophobic and suffocating."

"I just thought I was really crazy, because he treated me like trash towards the end," says a second young woman who tells Rolling Stone she began seeing Fukunaga after they met on one of his sets. "I just became a really small, passive, quiet person, and I'm not usually like that."

When asked about allegations of pursuing romantic relationships with multiple young women on his sets, Fukunaga did not respond. Through an attorney, however, he claims that he has "not acted in any manner that would or should generate" an article focusing on claims of misconduct made against him.