Melvin Goes To Dinner.....

Started by Stefen, December 21, 2003, 11:40:30 PM

Stefen

I was thinking about ordering Melvin Goes To Dinner, Bob Odenkirks directorial debut. Has anyone seen this movie and would you reccomend it?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Weird. Oh

Funny. I just rented this like 3 hours ago. I'm going to watch it in a little while, I'll check back in with feedback  :lol:
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

El Topo

I highly recommend Melvin Goes To Dinner, very funny and well executed. Aside from the great main cast there are also some great scenes with David Cross, Jack Black, Luara Kightlinger, Fred Armisen and Melora Walters (Melora is actually in several scenes).

Ghostboy

Weird. Oh

THis movie was great. All the characters brought something to the table (literally).Great character study. I wasn't familar with Bob Odenkirk prior to watching this but now I must see Mr. Show.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

Stefen

Quote from: Weirdo1769movieMikeTHis movie was great. All the characters brought something to the table (literally).Great character study. I wasn't familar with Bob Odenkirk prior to watching this but now I must see Mr. Show.

Yes. Definetely pick up Mr. Show. You'll either love it or hate it. Most likely love it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

KingBlackDeath

also I was suprised how really moving and dramatic the last 6 minutes or so were. well, maybe not moving, but something like that, I hate overusing the word poignant
Do you see what happens...when king black death breathes on you with his breath?