Your Highness

Started by MacGuffin, July 10, 2009, 12:04:14 AM

MacGuffin

Zooey Deschanel set for 'Highness'
Joins cast including James Franco, Danny McBride
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Zooey Deschanel, one of the stars of "(500) Days of Summer," is joining the cast of "Your Highness," the Universal comedy that David Gordon Green begins shooting this month in Northern Ireland.

"Highness," written by Ben Best and Danny McBride, centers on an arrogant, lazy prince (McBride) who must complete a quest to save his father's kingdom. Joining him on the quest is his more heroic brother (James Franco). Deschanel plays Belladonna, Franco's virginal bride.

Natalie Portman plays McBride's love interest, a warrior princess.

Scott Stuber is producing.

Universal's Scott Bernstein and Dave Targan are overseeing the project.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

socketlevel

this actually sounds like an interesting film, it's almost like he's making an 80s comedy.  DGG adds so much humanity and vulnerability to his recent comedies.  while i do hope he makes an art house film again (which had tons of comedy in them anyway), if he keeps hitting home runs like P.E. and his episodes of eastbound and down then that's cool with me too.
the one last hit that spent you...

pete

he adds boredom to comedies.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

modage

David Gordon Green's medieval-stoner-comedy "Your Highness" starring James Franco, Danny McBride, Natalie Portman and Zooey Deschanel has now been given an October 10th, 2010 release. Filming is currently taking place in Ireland.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Justin Theroux kidnaps his 'Highness'
Joins Danny McBride, James Franco in comedy
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Justin Theroux has joined the cast as the villain of "Your Highness," a Universal comedy directed by David Gordon Green.

Theroux joins Danny McBride, James Franco, Natalie Portman and Zooey Deschanel in the film, which centers on an arrogant, lazy prince (McBride) who must complete a quest to save his father's kingdom. Theroux will play Leezar, an evil wizard with a bejeweled magical staff who kidnaps a princess (Deschanel).

The film, which is shooting in Ireland, was written by Ben Best and McBride, who also is producing. Scott Stuber is producing via his Stuber Prods., and Universal's Scott Bernstein and Dave Targan are overseeing the project.

"Highness" marks a return of sorts to acting for Theroux, who appeared in such TV shows as "Alias" and Six Feet Under" and movies including David Lynch's "Inland Empire." He made a career switch when he wrote, with Ben Stiller and Etan Cohen, last year's "Tropic Thunder" and went on to work on "Iron Man 2."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

socketlevel

if this is the medieval pineapple express, I'm gunna love it. trailer looks fun.
the one last hit that spent you...

Pubrick

this may be DGG's sell out masterpiece.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

yeah she makes ZooDe look like CraPo in that TraiLo.

would still prefer MilKu.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

MilKu should be leading this current era of new age starlets. NatPo should have transferred her powers over to her, but she decided to be stingy and finally start using them full time.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Quote from: P on November 18, 2010, 03:58:23 AM
this may be DGG's sell out masterpiece.

While I am surprised to see he hasn't gone back to his DGG'y dramas, I still don't think he's selling out.  Cashing-in definitely, but I think these kinds of films are just as much a part of his personality as the other ones.  It's not like he's doing The Wolverine or something.

pete

I don't think he's serious or angry when he says sellout.  he just means it's not george washington.
my opinion of DGG now all rests on Eastbound and Down, so last season I thought he was pretty bad, but this season he directed some good episodes.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Bethie

who likes movies anyway