Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Rooty Poots

I know zero details about the film but I know that someone who works for a certain fruit company is keeping close tabs on the project and the Annapurna situation.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Alethia

There Will Be Blood Oranges

Tdog

Quote from: Rooty Poots on August 09, 2019, 06:30:14 PM
I know zero details about the film but I know that someone who works for a certain fruit company is keeping close tabs on the project and the Annapurna situation.

Do Apple have a movie company or is it just TV/Streaming?

WorldForgot

Quote from: Tdog on August 09, 2019, 06:47:35 PM

Is there a distinction anymore? All content goes OTT. Network TV is shot at 2:1 to replicate the Netflix look, even!
In Culver City, Apple's got a sizable block of studio real estate.

Tdog

Quote from: WorldForgot on August 09, 2019, 06:50:41 PM

Is there a distinction anymore? All content goes OTT.
In Culver City, they've got a block of studio real estate.
Not really any distinction, no, but have they put out any movies into theatres thus far, or has there output been original shows for their streaming service?

Rooty Poots

They have a content deal with A24, but I don't know literally nothing more about their interest in Annapurna than what I've said. Maybe a similar content deal with Annapurna in exchange for some kind of bailout? No clue. If I learn any actual details more than an interest, I'll share.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

kingfan011

I imagine Annapurna will need to do something. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Ellison became a freelance producer. That makes more sense than keeping the company afloat.

And as much as I love what Ellison has done and many Annapurna films there have been some decisions that have been baffling. Specifically the way too much moneys pent on Vice. Then again I really disliked that film.

Tdog

Quote from: kingfan011 on August 10, 2019, 11:39:29 AM
I imagine Annapurna will need to do something. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Ellison became a freelance producer. That makes more sense than keeping the company afloat.

And as much as I love what Ellison has done and many Annapurna films there have been some decisions that have been baffling. Specifically the way too much moneys pent on Vice. Then again I really disliked that film.
From what i read their financial woes only began when they started distributing their own movies.

Yes

PTA interviewed QT at the DGA and raved Pitt.

I don't remember Pitt being rumored for this or a name thrown around but that would be a fantastic pairing

Drenk

That would be a dream. There's definitely a PTA quality to the way Tarantino captures Pitt fading gorgeousness.
Ascension.

Alethia

Ugh now that this has been planted in my mind there's nothing I wish to see more.

Pringle

After BN, Pitt had his agent call John Lesher to tell PTA he would do anything to be in the next PTA, even if it was just sweeping the floors.

Alethia

He should've hit up his girl Gwyneth when the time was right.

Something Spanish

I think they were still an item at the time Hard Eight was shot - early '95

trytotell

Pitt also brought PTA up during his "post-divorce" GQ article. "Paul T. and Daniel Day".