North by Northwest

Started by Pas, August 05, 2005, 05:38:18 PM

matt35mm

Quote from: Pas Rap
The look on his face is interesting.  He seems to be focused on something in a way that you wouldn't be if there was a plane behind you.  Like he's thinking "Is that dog poop?" or "is that a quarter?" or "Did I leave the gas on?"

It's entirely inappropriate.  You guys must be right, this whole film seems misdirected.

life_boy

Quote from: Hedwiggreat cast, plus im a julianne moore fan

Hahaha.  Nice reveal.

Quote from: Hedwignow THAT shit was the cat's pajamas.

RegularKarate

I think Pas was talking about this:

Summer of 2K + 6!

MacGuffin

How unoriginal.  :sleeping:

This movie looks like a rip-off of the John Woo classic, Paycheck with a dash of Silver Streak. Plus the airplane scene looks stolen from the helicopter chase in From Russia With Love. And the score... totally sounds like Re-Animator.  :elitist:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

i seriously feel like huging modage  right now.
context, context, context.

Brazoliange

Long live the New Flesh

Pubrick

i seriously feel like punching brazoliange right now.
under the paving stones.

cine

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: life_boy

Hahaha.  Nice reveal.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Ok, look you guys, you always criticize new movies... well I say give this one a chance!

I mean Hitchcock is new to the game (isn't this his debut film?).  Let's cut him some slack.  I know it's a bit sloppy here and there, but overall I feel that this could be the start of a good career.  I at least see a follow up film...

Oh, and I don't know if this belongs in the Grapevine, but I read somewhere that Hitchcock is in pre or post production for a remake of that Gus Van Sant movie about Norman Bates and whatever.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Pubricki seriously feel like punching brazoliange right now.
Seriously. P, don't make him minisilias, if u do...Oh, I'd be sooo mad.  :-D
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

socketlevel

Quote from: The W
Oh, and I don't know if this belongs in the Grapevine, but I read somewhere that Hitchcock is in pre or post production for a remake of that Gus Van Sant movie about Norman Bates and whatever.

wait... didn't i read it on xixax that gus van sant is thinking about remaking psycho agian?

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

hedwig

PRODUCTION STILLS:

Just looking at these pictures is one of the most intense cinematic experiences of my lifetime. No but, come July 17 (1959) , North by Northwest being a great movie or North by Northwest being a good movie, it is clearly going to fucking light the celluloid from which it comes on fucking fire. That much is obvious.

Hitchock making this movie cements him as a ballsy director, and it also is this big obvious statement that clever and capable directors need to be doing edgier material and not Batman Begins.

samsong

Batman Begins is a masterpiece.

w/o horse

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.