There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

martinthewarrior

Ravi

Quote from: Ghostboy on December 29, 2007, 01:01:56 PM
Wow, I can't believe Dallas is sold out (which indeed it is).

FUCK!  I was planning on getting tickets today  :yabbse-angry:

picolas

Quote from: cinemanarchist on December 29, 2007, 12:49:17 PMAnyone care to make any box office predictions for TWBB's theatrical run?
based on how it's doing in a few theaters i think it'll be his most successful film yet.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: picolas on December 29, 2007, 03:07:01 PM
Quote from: cinemanarchist on December 29, 2007, 12:49:17 PMAnyone care to make any box office predictions for TWBB's theatrical run?
based on how it's doing in a few theaters i think it'll be his most successful film yet.

Consider the cities, though. If There Will be Blood got the praised it was expected to get, of course it would do well in the two biggest markets. The true test will come with smaller cities and markets once hype dies down and other more familar and more expected films start to distinguish themselves with awards. Day Lewis has a good chance for best actor, but I'm not sure what else the film has going for it.

cinemanarchist

If I'm not mistaken PDL did huge numbers when it opened in just a few markets but obviously wasn't huge when it went nationwide. If Daniel Day-Lewis ends up scoring all of the major awards I think it could do 35-40 million. Great...now I've made a prediction and I'm stuck with it.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Stefen

It'll bomb. I have no doubt about it. I'd say $20mil. And that's being generous.

America sucks. Alvin and the chipmunks has made like $150 million.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

i agree with stefen's estimate.  i'll be very very surprised if it does any better than that.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cinemanarchist

No Country is nearing $40 million and I'm not sure Tommy Lee Jones is any more bankable than DDL. I'm trying to give America the benefit of the doubt even though they rarely deserve it. Having seen TWBB already I'm definitely prepared for it to flop but obviously hoping otherwise.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

jigzaw

Is there any official word as to when exactly this film opens wide?  Not likely I'll get tickets for tonight and am sick of waiting with no release date..

For some godforsaken reason, IMDB only lists the release date for the nation of Turkey.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Where do you live?  Landmark Theaters has it listed as opening on January 4th here, dunno if that's the same around the country.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

jigzaw

Quote from: Ginger on December 29, 2007, 06:23:12 PM
Where do you live?  Landmark Theaters has it listed as opening on January 4th here, dunno if that's the same around the country.

Hm, well that's pretty soon.  I live in Chicago, but am in Miami until Jan 7.  I'll just have to keep checking the listings.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: jigzaw on December 29, 2007, 06:26:36 PM
Quote from: Ginger on December 29, 2007, 06:23:12 PM

Hm, well that's pretty soon.  I live in Chicago, but am in Miami until Jan 7.  I'll just have to keep checking the listings.

Landmark in Milwaukee has it listed for January 11th.

JG

I will be seeing it tonight in boston. Almost as excited as the first time. 

A Matter Of Chance

Sleepless

I've had steak and vodka and now I have less than 3 hours to find someone to drive me there!!!
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.