Other actors/directors/etc. who mention PTA

Started by edison, January 18, 2008, 08:47:02 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: kingfan011 on January 04, 2023, 02:14:52 PMOn the Los Angeles actors roundtable Austin butler raves about PTA. He clearly has a lot of respect in the industry.

It's funny to remember when PTA didn't have nearly as much respect. He wasn't really talked about much at all; we found it notable to post anytime he was mentioned. TWBB was the turning point.

wilberfan

HACKANUT

Quote from: WorldForgot on December 10, 2022, 11:01:07 AMThat would be so cool. He'd be able to interact with other actors as a character himself. I think he'd fit in well as an Otacon type character, gear maker or geek.

PTA Otacon just hyped me up so hard. Please please please!

wilberfan

wilberfan

max from fearless

Adam Sandler: Y'know what was something cool? One time I was with PTA and Scorsese. We were somewhere together, it was just like a quick moment. Scorsese says to PTA: "How about the next one, we put away the Stedicam? Just put away the Stedicam." And Paul's like: "Hmmm. I don't know about that. I don't know about that." It was like some little -

Austin Butler: Like a little challenge.

Adam Sandler: Like lets try something different. Let's put away the Stedicam.

wilberfan

Michelle Williams' 'Fabelmans'-esque origin story? It starts with PTA and Björk

"If someone were to write a "Fabelmans"-esque origin story of her artistic awakening, it would start, Williams says, with her watching the films of Paul Thomas Anderson, particularly "Magnolia," a movie about loneliness and loss, familial dysfunction and apocalyptic visions.

"That just scorched me from the inside out," Williams says of the 1999 film. "But all his movies scorch me with their observations and performances and humanity. As a young woman, I was really struck by his flawed and difficult characters. I thought, 'If I can love them, can I allow myself the same love for my own flaws and difficulties?' I found those characters so beautiful. They challenged my sense of myself. They gave me a window into the possibilities of cinema and who I could be as a person."

DickHardwood2022

KATIE BOLAND On Working With PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON In THE MASTER!

PinkTeeth

New Name, Same Typos.

RudyBlatnoyd

The clip from that show is inadvertently an excellent example of how terrible so much screenwriting is nowadays. Just incredibly schematic and reductive and dull and incurious. Quite apart from the fact that it's hard to believe that a young person who knows who Spike Lee is wouldn't also know who PT Anderson is (it's not like either is exactly a Generation Z touchstone – Jordan Peele would make more sense!), if they were going to do that conversation wouldn't it have been more interesting to have the black character say something like 'Hou Hsiao-hsien is the greatest living filmmaker' or whatever?

I'm not sure why I find it so annoying. I just take against the absolute, entry-level bobbins that gets passed off as social commentary in TV shows and movies.

DickHardwood2022

Quote from: RudyBlatnoyd on February 10, 2023, 07:02:53 AMThe clip from that show is inadvertently an excellent example of how terrible so much screenwriting is nowadays. Just incredibly schematic and reductive and dull and incurious. Quite apart from the fact that it's hard to believe that a young person who knows who Spike Lee is wouldn't also know who PT Anderson is (it's not like either is exactly a Generation Z touchstone – Jordan Peele would make more sense!), if they were going to do that conversation wouldn't it have been more interesting to have the black character say something like 'Hou Hsiao-hsien is the greatest living filmmaker' or whatever?

I'm not sure why I find it so annoying. I just take against the absolute, entry-level bobbins that gets passed off as social commentary in TV shows and movies.

yeah i think youre getting more annoyed then you should. I just saw a clip where PTA got mentioned which is always a bonus haha

RudyBlatnoyd

Drenk

Ascension.