kill bill: the whole bloody affair

Started by Alethia, June 05, 2004, 12:03:13 AM

Alethia

wasn't sure whether or not this should be its own topic, but i ultimately chose to make it so.  empire has its review for the complete film we will eventually see of kill bill.  they note differences (one of which is a tad puzzling, but oh well) and give the final verdict on whether or not this is the best version of the film.

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/features/special/killbill/default.asp

Alethia

how excited does this make you guys??????    :lol:

analogzombie

Quote from: ewardhow excited does this make you guys??????    :lol:

i'll be excited when the dvd set comes out, six years from now. Tarantino has cashed in his excitement ticket with me by already forcing me to get excited at two seperate movies. I'm 'excited' out. right now, i don't give a damm. he talks too damm much for me to get excited whenever he opens his mouth.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Alethia

honestly, i'm not that excited about it either, but i like to start a new thread once in a while

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

nix

Me too. I was opposed to the splicing from the begining. While a very wise monatary move, it kinda screws up the movie. I really wanna see it as one film. Fuck the cigarette break too.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

Alethia

i'm kinda in analog's boat, i'll be excited when we know when we're getting it

and no, i think we'll need a ciggy break - volume 2 alone coulda used one, right 'fore the final chapter, damn my ass hurt

foray

Has anyone asked why Sophie wasn't with the other Viper Squaddies in Vol 2 yet? Why did The Bride have flashbacks about Sophie w/ her cellphone in the church then?

foray
touch me i'm sick

NEON MERCURY

i cant answer that question.but damn, she was gorgeous in kbv1..

MacGuffin

Quote from: forayHas anyone asked why Sophie wasn't with the other Viper Squaddies in Vol 2 yet?

It could be assumed Sophie was still in the hospital and not important to the rest of the story since she told all to Bill at the end of Vol. 1.

Quote from: forayWhy did The Bride have flashbacks about Sophie w/ her cellphone in the church then?

When The Bride is in the bathroom stall in the House Of Blue Leaves, she hears Sophie's phone ring, and because of the flashback to the church we/she know Sophie was on the phone, thus present, during the killings; this is why the "Ironside" theme plays when The Bride opens the toilet door.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

i think he meant: why didn't we see sophie walk with the rest of the vipers into the church seconds before the wedding chapel massacre?

thus, producing the question: if she didn't walk in with them, why was she there in the flashback?  

to which i answer: maybe she had to pee quickly and came in while they were ruffin her up

Pubrick

which ultimately leads to the comment:

Quote from: themodernage02as if anyone actually cares about kill bill anymore.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ewardi think he meant: why didn't we see sophie walk with the rest of the vipers into the church seconds before the wedding chapel massacre?

Sophie was not a member of the VIPERS; although a protege of Bill, she's O-Ren's lawyer. Thus, no code name; thus, not a killer; thus, not on The Bride's list. She was there for the aftermath.

Quote from: ewardthus, producing the question: if she didn't walk in with them, why was she there in the flashback?

See my first reply.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

oh i know, i wasn't asking the questions, just re-stating his.