eternal sunshine de l'mind spotless..

Started by Satcho9, February 03, 2003, 10:15:53 PM

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

meatball

What, exactly, sounds like a joke? I'm lost.

Ghostboy

EDIT: Never mind. This post is the result of my mis-reading an earlier post, combining it mentally in my head with another post that I thought was part of this thread, and overall just trying too hard to be funny. Ignore me.

pinkerton310

:lol:      I am being totally serious. I had just seen the trailer, which I love. I got hooked on the song from one of the Adaptation trailers I saw over and over. The song gets me amped even more for this film. I can't wait.
They say we all lose 21 grams at the exact moment of our death... everyone. The weight of a stack of nickels. The weight of a chocolate bar. The weight of a hummingbird...

KingBlackDeath

but I read at the kaufman forum that the delay is because Focus wanted to fuck with it after they tested it and the audience wanted a comedy and they were unclear on things and blah blah blah. If this is the case...I will rage. If it isn't shifting release dates it's this horseshit
Do you see what happens...when king black death breathes on you with his breath?

meatball

Death to screenings! Why trust millions to the director and crew to make something, then trust the final theatrical cut to a bunch of teenagers yanked from the mall?

godardian

Quote from: meatballDeath to screenings! Why trust millions to the director and crew to make something, then trust the final theatrical cut to a bunch of teenagers yanked from the mall?

So agreed.

It doesn't sound like Focus to do something like that, though.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Pwaybloe

Well, I say we throw test audiences in the river.  

If they float, they're guilty.  If they sink and drown, well, then they're innocent.

Pubrick

better yet, death to trailers.

long live teasers.
under the paving stones.

tpfkabi

Quote from: godardianThis looks really appealing. I enjoyed Gondry's last film, apparently more so than many...

i love Human Nature. i think Tim Robbins' performance is amazing. i really don't understand why this film doesn't get more recognition. maybe it's just really hard for people to watch a movie that stars a woman with a fur coat.

i just read that Brion is doing the score. that's great. it's going to be interesting to see how he scores the "erase" sequences (i don't think this is a spoiler, if you've read any descriptions or seen the trailers you know this)
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

w/ the exception of dunnst..thats a near perfect cast...

Pubrick

with the inclusion of dunst, that's a perfect cast.
under the paving stones.

©brad