To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

HACKANUT

Didn't know this thread was a thing until recently. Hope my lack of introduction wasn't considered rude.

My name's Corey. Found Xixax through Cigs & Red Vines back around The Master days. Lurked here for quite a while.

Pittsburgh, 30s, drummer, self-publish my own comics.

PTA, Scorsese, Kubrick, QT, John Hughes, Wong Kar Wai, Coens, Tarkovsky, Bergman, Tati, Haneke, Altman, Hitchcock, Demme... and others.

Interested in improvised music. Mostly follow drummers I like to whatever projects they're involved in. Too many to name.

Just crossed the 5 year mark on a project called Wake N Break in which I record and post a drum video every day on YT and IG. Something like 1789 days in a row. Currently taking a break to mitigate burn out.

Spent all of 2020 getting back into drawing. Started a (mostly) daily comic strip on IG and in March 2021 I released my first comic book, Fucked Up Four No. 1. Sort of a stoner-roommate riff on the Fantastic Four. Brings me a lot of joy to make. Working on the second issue now.

That's about it!

Love Xixax. Thanks for having me!

WorldForgot

Welcome, yo!

First edition of 69 huh? ~ groovy

Alethia

Quote from: HACKANUT on November 07, 2021, 03:22:35 PM
Just crossed the 5 year mark on a project called Wake N Break in which I record and post a drum video every day on YT and IG. Something like 1789 days in a row. Currently taking a break to mitigate burn out.

That rules.

Welcome!

polkablues

Feel free to start a thread down in the Art Gallery section for posting links to your creative endeavors. I for one would love to check them out.
My house, my rules, my coffee

HACKANUT

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Quote from: polkablues on November 07, 2021, 07:11:07 PM
Feel free to start a thread down in the Art Gallery section...

sure! will post in the coming days. Thanks Polka

Jeremy Blackman

Welcome! You've been a great contributor so far. Nice to have you around.  :yabbse-thumbup: