Classical Music

Started by jenkins, February 20, 2018, 11:34:24 PM

jenkins

ono

jenkins

Baethoven.

requesting nerd shit. i don't blame anyone if this thread doesn't happen.

Lottery

This thread most definitely deserves to take off. There's a lifetime of good work in the broad field of classical/art music. Which makes recommendations difficult at times.

Here's a quick sampling of a few pieces that I adore.

(This is the track I hear in my head when I imagine a Slaughterhouse 5 adaptation by PTA, scored by Jonny Greenwood. Actually I wonder if JG listened to this for inspiration for his Shasta Fay Hepworth track on IV- some interesting similarities)
https://youtu.be/-GixaHxgwYc

There are loads of guides on the internet on where to start with classical. Best thing to do is find a few radio classical radio stations, tune into them when you're cleaning/driving/studying, and you'll probably come across something will change your life.

Sleepless

Ludovico Einaudi, Debussy, Chopin, Rachmaninoff
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

WorldForgot

Erik Satie, because if you like to read compositions, his sheet music is as lyrical and humorous as a Mark Twain piece.

Alethia

Great thread! A few favorites:

WorldForgot