just Just Withnail's short films

Started by Just Withnail, June 16, 2010, 12:57:38 PM

Just Withnail

We just finished the first round of shooting for my next film - Dyr & Dyr ("Animals & Animals" - the title will likely change), and I made a little teaser from the northern Norwegian part of the film. Can't wait to share more! And to show the very different aesthetics of the Berlin part of the film.

Let's see how long I manage to have this online until somebody wants it down for that Debussy piece.

jenkins

verbal upvote, and since this one can be described it's "sincere" and "utmost"

WorldForgot

Looks grand!! Especially dig the boat shot and pace of the teaser, the sense of investigating each frame and catching glimpses of a life against precipices, hazy as they run along locations that fall off into the nada.   

Just Withnail

Thanks guys!

This one is going to be interesting - and really difficult - to edit, I feel like it can go in so many different directions. And we can shape it quite a bit - especially as I'm now editing what we already have while shooting more now and then. The Berlin-parts are going to be so different, much more chaotic.

jenkins

Just Withnail

Hey folks!

Mobile is finally online after it's festival run, and we were lucky enough to get a Vimeo Staff Pick Premiere for it.

It's available for all to see right here:

And I'm aching to show you guys more of this strange other project I'm finishing up at the moment.

jenkins

xx

v glad for this and excited about strange other project

Drenk

As a stranger, watching this character seemingly lost in Sweden truly highlights the eeriness of the immigrant experience. And the stressful plot adds, well, all the stress of the experience. Anyway, I still love this one!  :bravo:

And I'm excited for what's coming next, too!
Ascension.

Just Withnail

Wild to say but FINALLY the project I've been deep into for the last two years is done - a novella film that was supposed to be around 60 mins that grew into a feature. That's the teaser for it up there, with it's old title. Like with my short Mobile I'm aching to show it to you guys and can't really wait until it's released (which we don't in any case know where will be yet).

SO! Like last time, this time with a little more risk I guess, it being a feature, I want to give a secret link to those of you who'd like to see this 72 min weirdness. I honestly have no idea what it's become, and how it'll be received (and if it'll be misunderstood). Whoever wants to see, shoot me a PM. I trust you all not to spread the link around and not to mention the title in the thread (don't want to make the thread pop up in Google searches).

Reel

Cool! I've been thinking about watching your shorts again on the big screen so they'd make a great lead up!

WorldForgot

Just Withnail

Quote from: Reelist on October 03, 2021, 09:56:46 AM
Cool! I've been thinking about watching your shorts again on the big screen so they'd make a great lead up!

Quote from: WorldForgot on October 03, 2021, 10:03:39 AM
PM'd ya!  :yabbse-grin:

PM'd ya right back!
Fantastic!  :yabbse-grin:

Robyn

The fishing scene... wow

And the overwhelming dread that slowly krept back during that whole sequence.

I didn't expect to get so moved by this, but holy shit was this good. I was close to tears by the end of it.

That was amazing.

Just Withnail

Oh man oh man, Robyn, that makes me happy.

I'm very glad you were moved by it - starting out I hadn't thought it would be a moving film at all, so that's great to hear.

WorldForgot

Beautiful film!!! Your consideration of our online irreal ontology iz potent. I love the visualizations in the first act and even more so how they juxtapose the rest. Great work. Very inspiring.

I'm currently working on a short film myself with a bunch of inserts and digital visualizations. This feelz like a wave that's close to cresting in terms of representing the modern dilemmas of multiple obligation-planes.

"I think I want to stop eating animals. I feel like everything I do I do for me, you know? I feel like a bad person, you know? I just grab everything and put it into my mouth. We just take everything. Ooo I like this, ooo I like that."
"Don't take that ~"