name the most obscure movie you have seen

Started by pete, April 19, 2004, 10:06:13 PM

Slick Shoes

I saw this movie recently called Electric Dreams (1984.) It's about a guy who buys a computer -- keep in mind this is back when our ideas about computers were rather chunky and nebulous -- and it ends up competing w/ him for the affection of the girl who lives above them. The computer bounces the guy's checks and locks him out of his apt. It's a real hoot. I'm not sure how obscure it is, though.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Slick ShoesI saw this movie recently called Electric Dreams (1984.) It's about a guy who buys a computer -- keep in mind this is back when our ideas about computers were rather chunky and nebulous -- and it ends up competing w/ him for the affection of the girl who lives above them. The computer bounces the guy's checks and locks him out of his apt. It's a real hoot. I'm not sure how obscure it is, though.

yeah... it's not very obscure

I was really into that movie when I was a kid.
I bought that soundtrack (first tape I ever bought with my own money).
Really liked the idea of a computer making music... funny to think about now

MacGuffin

I have a VHS copy of Electric Dreams and am eagerly awaiting a DVD release. I have the soundtrack because I'm a big ELO/Jeff Lynne fan. Looking back at the 80's computers now (Commodore 64 was the big thing advertised in the store where Moles buys Edgar) is pretty funny and dated, but I think the jigsaw puzzle buildings scene with Culture Club's "Love Is Love" playing over it is still pretty impressive, as is the scene with Pac Man chasing Moles through the apartment.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

meatball

pete

don't they play that the sci-fi channel quite a bit?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

meatball

Oh, don't have cable. So it's obscure to me!

Slick Shoes

The Peanut Butter Solution; it used to be on cable a lot, so maybe it's not too obscure.

rustinglass

Lars von Trier's "Medea", got it on VCD
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Bruce Lee

RegularKarate

Quote from: Slick ShoesThe Peanut Butter Solution; it used to be on cable a lot, so maybe it's not too obscure.

I remember this one... the kid's hair grows and grows and some people make magic paintbrushes out of it?

Slick Shoes

My memory of it is kind of murky, but that sounds right. I seem to recall a scene in which the kid is being chased down the street by some dogs.