XIXAX Film Forum

The Good Fight

WorldForgot · 6 · 637

WorldForgot

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • 'change your hair, change your life'
    • portfolio ~
on: May 16, 2019, 03:26:43 PM

Great ballz of lightning! Szn 3 just finished so let binging and rewatch commence.

Let's get into this show before Act III properly takes its course. A contrapuntal anti-procedural that's been offbeat enough to be censored by its network, indulging in meta-soap mischief. Works well in Better Call Saul'z hiatus.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 10:43:38 PM by WorldForgot »

strandedwriter

• "Easy as pie, Doc."
    • 4210strand
Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 07:20:12 PM
If The Good Wife is Breaking Bad then The Good Fight is defo Better Call Saul.
"All I ever wanted was a cool '78 'Vette and a house in the country."

WorldForgot

• portfolio ~
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 10:28:40 PM
I know it's not likely many on the board have this service, but the show iz really worth seeking out.
Bipartisan stalemate played at a Buñuel tempo on the latest premiere. Could serve as a good entry point to the series' tone if you're curious.

Drenk

Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 10:34:13 PM
There was a debate about the reasons why cinema nowadays seem to be scared of contemporary life; well—cinema/not cinema—The Good Fight isn't, and is more often relevant than irrelevant.
Ascension.

Drenk

Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 09:32:38 AM
Fuck. Halfway through the premiere and the Kings are unhinged. Thank God for CBS Whatever It's Called showing what real freedom is when nobody is watching. And great timing on this one with the Democratic party supporting a sexual harasser for president.

Spoiler: ShowHide
"I will be there to hide them from the black helicopters, if that's what you want." That show is WONDER-FUL.
Ascension.

WorldForgot

• portfolio ~
Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 10:48:56 AM
Yes, fresh air as far as one-hour series go. I mean it's as severe as any drama, even when it plays as a jester's grinning farce.

A pendulum goes back and forth.
Spoiler: ShowHide
“Justice equals the law times the zeitgeist. The law on its own doesn't stand up. You need the mood of the times on your side" Not a perfect equation, but I love where szn 3's P-Anon arc + Reddick scandal has left Diane. As Stringer Bell would have put it to Marissa, There's games beyond the fucking game.

May 2nd edit:
Anyone that misses BCS or West Wing should watch this, seriously. Even HBO doesn't really thematically try for the social analysis through genre that TGF manages.